• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

3 gun equipment

sapper12b

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 25, 2009
Wyoming
I went and shot my first 3 gun match this weekend and need to do some equipment revamping. Does anyone know if you can run a Molle vest in any class or is it in the trooper class only?

Re: 3 gun equipment

A lot of matches have their own rules on certain things, but I've never heard anything on wearing a vest. You should be fine.

USPSA rules say that your ammo must be at or below the waistline (unless you are in the open class). Luckily, there are very few USPSA 3 gun matches. You should be good to go everywhere else.

I guess you can wear molle but it will put you at a distinct disadvantage. Like Great said there are few USPSA 3 gun matches b/c the rules suck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GreatGonzo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">USPSA rules say that your ammo must be at or below the waistline (unless you are in the open class). Luckily, there are very few USPSA 3 gun matches. You should be good to go everywhere else. </div></div>

IPSC rules state that, not USPSA, (I have been told).