• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

3 Gun in Wythville Va. Oct.3

Jon Lester

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2004
Tazewell . Virginia
Clark K and Mike Oberman are hosting a 1 day 3 gun match in Wythville Va. It is on a new course and we ran a trial Match a couple months ago.It is interesting.
The date is Sat Oct 3 for 3 Gun and on Sun 4th Clark plans to travel to a local farm for some LR stuff with steel near 2000 yds. The Sun shoot is not a Comp but a Friendly blast session.

The info I have from Mike is "contact me at [email protected] and I will forward them a application. The shooters must sign up before the match, at that time I will also send them directions out to the location. We are going to try 6 stages this time.". Refer to the match as the CTI Warm Up 3 Gun

Clark K's Contact is 304 967 5224 He will have info on the buddy shoot.

Re: 3 Gun in Wythville Va. Oct.3

Thanks Jon for posting the info for the 3 Gun Match and the Longrange fun shoot on Sunday.

Mike has been putting the CTI match on for several years now and wanted a new place for the match so I hooked him up with a great place back in the country.

It is on a 200 acre farm with a grass landing strip for the longrange part of the match. There is a pond stage where you will shoot out of a boat as you go across the pond at a slow speed. There are several wooded fields for the other stages.

I will post more when I have more time.

Hope you can come,

Clark K

Got your email the other day Clark. I have it marked on the calendar and will hopefully see a bunch of you there as well.

Do you have to participate in the shoot or can you attend as a spectator? I have never done a 3 gun shoot but would like to watch to get an idea of what goes on and learn about the event before actually doing one.
Would for sure be down for the sunday long range shoot though.

I'd love to come, but I'll be in Hawaii. Great to see events like this in our area.

HI guys this is Ray Dawson aka Creep in 2. Every one is welcome to come down to my property 10/4/09 to mingle and do some long range shooting.pistols,shotguns,rifles, 50 BMG's and hot barley dressed women also welcome. Class 3 items welcome just have appropiate paper work no illegal items!!! No gangbangers or wantabee's.Unsafe conduct will not be tollarated. you can shoot out to around 1000yds at different shooting angles and wind conditions. then we can go up on top and get out to about 2800yds(Anzio ironworks 20mm sniper rifles welcome)on some property i have permission to shoot over to. More than likely we will cook out hotdogs hamburgers ect.. bring your favorite beverages just dont overdo it. Remember this is a friendly shoot and a place for like minded people to gather together and exercise our rights as well as celebrate the 3 things that made this country a Great place to live.(God,Guns,Guts)Nobody will be expected to leave a donation but i would like to ask if you fill it in your heart to leave atleast $10.00 to help cover food, Metal targets ,chain ,diesel fuel for land clearing ect.. Like i say its not mandatory but would greatly appreciated and may help in having more shoots and maybe competitions and train-ups. God bless and hope to see all there. Oh yeh property is located of exit 29 off I81 .Thats the Gladesprings Va exit its 4 miles off interstate,easy access. plenty of parking. ill post and adress later for all the GPS savy People and directions for the rest later.you dont have to compete in the CTI 3-gun on Saturday but hopely well see you there also. If you have Questions and cant get ahold of me give Clark K or Jon lester a shout thanks agian. Ray Dawson aka Creep in 2.

I guess this last post was a little confusing. My property is where Clark K's fun shoot is taking place. any questions fell free to contact Jon Lester, Clark K, or myself ,thanks Ray.

This interests me greatly, I've never had the opportunity to do any long range shooting(200 yds max). I would like to come watch the competition and go to the shoot on Sunday. I live in Bluefield,VA and if anything is needed just shoot me a pm.

Thanks David aka dmtsc

Dmtsc, thanks for your reply. Like Jon said, but bring pleanty of ammo its addictive. Bring any long range stuff you want to shoot on sunday or short range stuff for that fact. there will be lots of steel to shoot at. BIG FUN! Thanks Ray aka Creep in 2.

There will be 6 stages at the CTI Warm Up 3 gun on October 3rd in Wytheville. This will be a natural terrain 3 gun match. Carbine ranges from 50-500 yards, some serious run and gun shotgun courses mixed with rifle and pistol. We will be doing a stage from the boat in the pond.

Ammunition requirements should be about 130 rifle, 125 shotgun, bring 20 slugs and 125 pistol.

Match will begin at 0800 Saturday October 3rd. Match fee is $60.00 and match is limited to 50 shooters. Contact me at [email protected] for directions and to sign up. You may also contact Clark Kennedy for directions and information.

Mike Oberman
CTI Match Director

WOnt be able to make this one but would be interested in seeing some pics, match results, a write up of the match, etc after yall are done. I am probably only 2 hrs, if that, from yall. I shoot high power but this looks interesting, especially for the off season! Tell us about the fun after the match please.

John

I want to let everyone know that the 3 Gun match in Wytheville Va. has been canceled by the landowner. He has talked to his lawyer about having the match on his property and is affraid he will get sued if someone gets hurt. I told him we had insurance for that reason but he still would not let us use his property again.

I hate we can't shoot the 3 Gun match on the 3rd but we still plan on doing the fun shoot at Ray Dawson's place in Glade Springs on Oct 4th.

I anyone has any questions PM me and I will get back to you.

Hope to see some long range shooters on sunday at Rays place.

Bring anything you want to shoot with you. It should be a good time for all.

Sorry for the bad news on the 3 gun match.

Thanks, Clark K

Hate to hear that but glad the fun shoot is still on, been looking forward to this since the post was started.
When someone gets time could they please post directions to the fun shoot.
Thanks Kevin.

I have to cancel this time guys, myself and the 2 boys all have strep and I feel like crap. Never fails but I do appreciate you guys offering the hospitality.

David

Just noticed the "fun shoot" for Sunday, is that something we need to register for?

I'm in Pikeville, may be able to make it over.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drmarc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just noticed the "fun shoot" for Sunday, is that something we need to register for?

I'm in Pikeville, may be able to make it over. </div></div>

No, you don't have to register for the fun shoot Sunday, just show up.

hay im new to the hole online forum deal but what would some guys from knoxville, TN half to do to come up and shoot with you guys

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: garrettcjp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hay im new to the hole online forum deal but what would some guys from knoxville, TN half to do to come up and shoot with you guys </div></div>

Well it's not my deal but from what <span style="font-weight: bold">Creep in 2</span> posted above everyone is welcome. So all you'd have to do is drive up from Knoxville TN. to Gladesprings VA.

Hey everybody sorry ive been real busy out of town working at night and sleeping when i can.if your coming from Knoxville get off exit 29 turn left go straight twords gladesprings the road will sharply curve to the right stay straight dont curve to the right, about 130 yards and youll cross rail road tracks thats Old Mill Rd.stay straight for 3 more miles the property entrance is on the right,if you go to Little flock holliness church you went 100 yards to far. its right at 4 miles after you get off I81 there is several gas stations off this exit if you need beverage or gas ect... there is a food country grocery store in town if you need that. All my brothers and sisters in arms are welcome just please be as safe as possible and watch for others doing unsafe stuff I can only watch so many. bring toilet paper as there is no head. this property is still under development and were working on having a real cool shooting facility someday where we can do sniper comps,3 gun matches and trainups ect... thanks agian hope to see everybody there. Ray Dawson aka Creep in 2.

Oh yeh im going to get there early and be setting stuff up we will probably start shooting around 10 hundred hours.bring your wifes and girlfriends and kids but keep and eye on them i dont want any body getting hurt or worse ok. Ray

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Creep in 2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh yeh im going to get there early and be setting stuff up we will probably start shooting around 10 hundred hours.bring your wifes and girlfriends and kids but keep and eye on them i dont want any body getting hurt or worse ok. Ray </div></div>

Thanks for the directions. If you'd like some help setting up that morning just let me know, I'd gladly come down a little early and help as I only live a short distance up the road.

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth but got a couple questions.
smile.gif

How much steel will be set up and out to what range?
Is this angle shooting/flat or both?
Will the steel at max distances be 50cal capable?

Thanks!

good morning just wroke up.there will be stell from 10 yards out to about 1000yards on my place then later in the day the big boys will head up on top to shoot at a steel man set up at aproximatly 2500 yards across a valley on my friend's hay field. im also gonna try to set a plate at 1600yards but i have to get up with that land owner first, if any body has a lieca vector or range finder that will reach that far please bring it. Ive been using my horus scopes to range with and i want to guage the accuracy of them. the area we will be shooting from at first will have several agle and flat shots out to 838 yards i have several logging roads that will be used at a later date for sniper comp to provide some interesting angles. yes bring your 50cal or 20mm anzio. the steel will take it.if somthing breaks i will fix it. the in close targets will be painted bright green these targets are for pistols,shotguns,and rimfires only.every thing ealse can shot with centerfire .

8535 Old Mill RD. This is my nieghbors house beside of my road . Its a little white house with a red metal roof and lattice on front porch.there will be a poster at bottom of drive. if you go to little folck holliness church you went 100 yards to far.

Would like to give a big thanks to Ray (<span style="font-weight: bold">Creep in 2</span>) and anyone that helped him get the fun shoot together. I had a great time and enjoyed meeting everyone, very nice bunch of guys with a wealth of knowledge. Hope to be able to do it again.

Would also like to thank Clark K. for letting me squeeze off a few rounds
from his TRG 42 338 Lapua.

Thanks again.
Kevin.

Well this is my first Sniper's Hide community get together.
For those that knew about this event and were able to make it, we all had a pretty good time.
I can't wait until the next one because things will only get BETTER at Ray's place as time goes on (he's just getting started).
The "Boss Ladies" came up and got the chow line up and running... MMMMM Good.
This was a friendly little get together and there was a WHOLE lot of BS'ing and a lot of good info being traded as well.

Thanks Ray, Clark, your Wives and who ever else helped you get set up today.

I'll see you at the next one.

Post up some pictures when you get a chance.

I'd like to thank Clark and Ray also. The work they had put in was obvious and their hospitality second to none. Thanks Clark for the good conversation and for letting me and a few buds squeeze off a few rounds from the big 338X. Thanks Ray for accomodating us on your property and the great cookout. If you have another, I'll be back.
Steve Roe in NC

Im glad everybody enjoyed it. It will get better as things go on and i get more things done to the property. I realy enjoyed it and so did my wife sherri. well diffently keep all who showed up and all who didnt posted on upcoming events, sniper comps,train ups ect... I hope to get with the land owner that owns the ridge at 1600yards and obtain permission to put some targets out there from 1200-1600. so the guys that couldnt shoot 2500 with the rest of us can stretch thier rifles and skills abit. My thanks to all who left donations and to a great bunch of guys exchanging information and having a good time. Ray Dawson aka Creep in 2.

oh yeh ill be posting some pictures in next day or so.

Can somebody please help me post pictures from the fun shoot in Va @ Ray Dawsons Property. Ive downloaded them on Photobucket but cant get any further. thanks Ray.

I sent some to you Via email yesterday evening, Thanks Ray.

your welcom Thanks for posting i emailed you some more.

Benchduck is going to post some more

I thought I would say thanks for having us up there.I had a great time!
The ladies did a great job with the food also..
(I was the one with the Tikka 300 win. in the sporter stock)
David.

right on glad you enjoyed it.

I really hate I missed it. As you can see, you guys were almost shooting out my back door, at least as far as shoots go. I will deffenately make all atempts to make the next one. I can't wait.