• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 3-lug question

hlee

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jul 14, 2012
    TX
    I recently purchased a 3-lug adapter and mount for my 9mm suppressor. When mounted onto the gun, the suppressor has a few degrees of rotational motion. Normal? Thanks.

Normal. A little wiggle is normal too as long as it's not excessive to the point where it could cause baffle strikes. If you shake it and it's making rattling noises, it's definitely excessive.

I recently purchased a 3-lug adapter and mount for my 9mm suppressor. When mounted onto the gun, the suppressor has a few degrees of rotational motion. Normal? Thanks.
    Be very careful. The first can that I bought many years ago was/is set up for three lug. Upon installation of the can on the barrel, If the threaded locking cap on the can is not backed out far enough, the lugs won't engage/lock up when tightened and the can is just hanging on the barrel.

If the above happens, the can is NOT secured to the barrel/three lug adapter and will launch downrange when the gun is fired. So, check, double check and triple check that the can has been installed properly and locks up like it should.

Last edited: