• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

30-06 AI Barrel Length Question

Dirty D

Resident Sommelier of cellulite
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2010
Your moms house
Question for you guys running a 30-06 ACKLEY IMPROVED (I put that in caps for the attentionally impaired).
Are any of you running a 26” barrel and if so are you seeing an appreciable performance increase over a 24” barrel?
Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Question for you guys running a 30-06 ACKLEY IMPROVED (I put that in caps for the attentionally impaired).
Are any of you running a 26” barrel and if so are you seeing an appreciable performance increase over a 24” barrel?
Is the juice worth the squeeze?
Yes, I'm running a 26" barrel on my .30-06 AI. Performance, no idea, it was always a 26" barrel.

Is the juice worth the squeeze over standard .30-06 or is a 26" barrel worth it over a 24" barrel? Sure, as far as case design goes. Is 26" better than 24"? Well... Personally, if I shot mine more (or at all, at this point), I'd probably chop it down to 20" or 22" just for a shorter rig for running suppressors. 26" barrel with a 7" to 9" can gets kind of long and unwieldy. At a certain point, velocity gets trumped by function and form.

Reactions: Dirty D