• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.30-06 Ammo

Lesloan

Private
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2014
I've recently acquired a couple of boxes of Lake City '06 ammo and am trying to figure out if it has corrosive primers. The head stamp says LC 9. Just one digit for the year, which doesn't help much in figuring out what decade it was made. Anybody know? Did Lake City ever use corrosive primers in their '06 ammo? Thanks...

Just clean after shooting with hot water and maybe some Mr. clean ammonia if you're worried about it. Then oil as usual. I shoot corrosive ammo in my Mosins all the time and no problem.

Just clean after shooting with hot water and maybe some Mr. clean ammonia if you're worried about it. Then oil as usual. I shoot corrosive ammo in my Mosins all the time and no problem.
I won't be the one shooting it. I got it for my grown daughter, who lives in PA. I live in AR, and she's not really a shooter so I don't want to try to tell her how to clean a gun with hot water. I've pretty well satisfied myself that this ammo in non-corrosive from info I found on the inter web but am puzzled by the single digit year on the head stamp. What does "9" mean? All the military stuff I've ever seen, the ones I checked, anyway, had 2 digits for the year of mfg. Anybody know?

I think I've found the answer Tony question about the year on an old post on another forum. The writer said he had some Lake City M2 headstamped LC 69 and the lot no. is 42188. My M2 is lot no. 42276. So I think this question is put to bed. Thanks for your input, Tomcat!