• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

30-06 barrel twist

7.62_Reaper

Private
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2012
real quick can anyone tell me what the twist rate is for a Winchester Model 70 chambered in 30-06

thanks josh

1:12. Maybe. Prolly depends on the specific submodel etc.

30-06 barrel twist

Mallrat, you're guessing wildly at the same time as you are hedging your bets. If you want to pull a number out of the air, try 1-10.

Last edited:
Mallrat, you're guessing wildly at the same time as you are hedging your bets. If you want to pull a number out of the air, try 1-10.

Graham, you had seven hours to answer him before I did. I just threw a fairly reasonable answer out there knowing that someone would be around soon to correct ("correct" is the wrong word here. Should have said "confirm or refute".) me. Who could have guessed it'd be you? ;)(another lapse of judgement, never attempt humor when dealing with a lawyer.)

Last edited:
30-06 barrel twist

I just threw a fairly reasonable answer out there knowing that someone would be around soon to correct me. Who could have guessed it'd be you? ;)
Thanks for being honest: You posted what you knew to be an incorrect answer for the purpose of having someone come along and correct you.

Then you criticized me for being the one to flag your post. Last I checked, that's a definition of Trolling.?

Last edited:
Thanks for being honest: You posted what you knew to be an incorrect answer for the purpose of having someone come along and correct you.

Then you criticized me for being the one to flag your post. Last I checked, that's a definition of Trolling.

I didn't "know" my answer to be incorrect, still don't. I would imagine one could find Winchester Model 70s in a variety of twist rates to meet a variety of uses. But I do apologize for what you feel is criticism, I shouldn't have risked injuring your sensitive soul.