• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

30/06 load development?

Jkesrnicla

Private
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2019
Beginner reloader here looking for some reassurance! So I just reloaded some Remington 30-06 cases trimmed exactly to 2.495 with 168gr eld bullets and exactly 55gr of IMR 4350 with some Winchester magnum primers, would this be a safe load in a mauser vz24, rifle is a tack driver with 165Gr rem corlokt factory ammo...

I'd encourage you to work up a load for your rifle. Rifles are like precious little snowflakes...they don't all like the same stuff (though sometimes a load is like well enough by a bunch). The best part about working up? It's way safer than "that load is popular, should be fine in my rifle" technique.

Reactions: Jkesrnicla
Don't know about Win Magnum primers but Win LR primers bought circa 2012 and Federal brass, as well other makers, has been incompatible.

If you are experiencing blown primers it could be tiny spec primers instead of pressure.

Ill only load Win in formerly crimped brass now and going forward will buy Fed/CCI.

Reactions: Jkesrnicla
D8443E28-B7B2-49D7-BF06-075EC0BBDD84.png