• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

30-06 loads

jwr1076

Private
Minuteman
May 2, 2009
alabama
I hunt With factory Remington 150 grain cor locked ammo and it groups really well clover leaf at 100 yds. Can anyone help with load simular to the factory stuff I am having a hard time finding it?

Re: 30-06 loads

thanks for the info I have been looking for a good bullet almost lost a nice 9 point whitetail because bullet did open entry wound and did not exit

Had to recover a Barnes. I have yet to, even a 70 gr 224 from a 22-06 starting at 3600, penetrated 3/4 of a mature buck Antelope, then the neck and exited leaving a 1/2" exit wound at 352 yards!
My buddy did get one back last year, Took a mature cow Elk at 125 yards quartering away with a 120gr 7mm from a 7mm Remmag. After busting a rib going in, scrambling up the boiler room, it ended up in the neck about a foot back fom the lower jaw.
My lope' took 3 steps and tipped over, his elk went 10 paces.
Contrary to what some "experts" will tell you they don't foul and are very accurate.
You'll note both Hornady & Nosler now both have Barnes knockoffs.

This deer did not bleed one drop the only reason i found him is when i walked past him he tried to get up i actually thought until i cleaned him i had shot another deer but i found original shot

my M1 likes 150's pushed with 51gr of imr 4064

Yup. two holes are better than one as well as Barnes proven ability to fully penetrate from any direction and break big bones if need be. Premium bullets are worth the $ given the cost of a hunt and the heartbreak associated with losing a fine animal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yup. two holes are better than one as well as Barnes proven ability to fully penetrate from any direction and break big bones if need be. Premium bullets are worth the $ given the cost of a hunt and the heartbreak associated with losing a fine animal. </div></div>

And considering that a premium hunting bullet costs virtually the same as a premium target bullet that well all throw downrange it's really "in the noise" to buy 200 top shelf bullets and you have years of hunting ammo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yup. two holes are better than one as well as Barnes proven ability to fully penetrate from any direction and break big bones if need be. Premium bullets are worth the $ given the cost of a hunt and the heartbreak associated with losing a fine animal. </div></div>

Like you would know...

You hire an outfitter to take you hunting in your own state.

I guess this information is what the outfitter told you....

I wouldn't know because I have never lost a gun shot big game animal. A good outfitter (not in your mirror) can contribute a lot to the hunt and as a point of fact (Mr Expert) it is required for a non-resident to use one when hunting in Wilderness areas.

Not to be confused with the 1000 yard Elk shooters who are too lazy to get off the ATV or out of the pickup. Of course when you can bait them in on a golf course............

Why don't you just go away and stop making a fool of yourself?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wouldn't know because I have never lost a gun shot big game animal. A good outfitter (not in your mirror) can contribute a lot to the hunt and as a point of fact (Mr Expert) it is required for a non-resident to use one when hunting in Wilderness areas.

Not to be confused with the 1000 yard Elk shooters who are too lazy to get off the ATV or out of the pickup. Of course when you can bait them in on a golf course............

Why don't you just go away and stop making a fool of yourself? </div></div>

errrr... me???

Lemme see. Golf Course. Already proven you've no fucking clue what you're talking about. So Give it a fucking rest as it's old aready.
ATV or pick up... umm.. do you need photo's, again, to prove to you how its done?
Lemme see.. you PM'ed me and said you hire an outfitter to do your work. You said this in response to my invitation for you to hunt area 55 with me. I said, "I won't pack your shit so you need to learn." You said, "why do the work when I can hire an outfitter."
You live in Wyo and you hire an outfitter to take you hunting. Sweet Jesus.. and you call me lazy.

Which brings me to the point of.. Just where exactly do you live and what laws are you following. If you are a resident of Wyo you can hunt wilderness without an outfitter.

and you call me a fool...

please don't make me show the people some of the books you've published.

Like I said I'm ready when you are... My invitation is good. Unlike your public invitation to come to your place.

did you miss:

*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

??????????

bye bye

Lets see if this topic can be brought back around to 06 loads?
Ive read plenty of load manuals and have worked out a few good loads. For the folks who like the 06 and have good reloads for it, what are your favorite loads? I'm still experimenting and looking for additional options. I understand that there used to be a post with several good loads on but the post seems to be gone. I would sure like to get another one going.

Thank you, as it turns out your load data is very close to what I'm finding--looking like 57gr of 4350 is working the best in my rifle also.