• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

30-06 mauser from 1952

11chuck

Private
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2013
i recently came into a 1952 R. Famage Mauser from Columbia chambered in 30-06 but it has been sporterized not a bad shooter considering the stock its in is so old that if cant hold the action tightly. i took it to the range and fired half a box of federal before the action started coming loose so i tightened it down till it was tight and the rear screw was so far up that i couldn't operate my bolt. i want to bring it back to a Mauser stock but im not sure what stock i need or where to get it. i know that i have a 23.25" barrel so i think it goes into a Yugo M48 but i read online that it drops into a German K98 stock but those are an inch longer. if any one has any experience or input i would greatly appreciate it.

thanks

In the 1950's a number of South and Central American countries converted to 30-06. Columbia was one of them. Converting to 30-06 in the short rifle in 1950. So you may have an original barrel.