• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

30-06 OCW Help

stanley52

Private
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2013
Idaho
All,

I just got back from the range and I have a relatively good problem to have. I’m not sure where my OCW node is out of the 6 loads I shot - but most charge weights shot fairly tight groups. I used new Lapua brass, 185gr Bergers .012 off the lands, CCI BR2 primers, and IMR 4451 at: 54.0, 54.4, 54.8, 55.2, 55.6, and 56.0. I used 55gr for sighters at the bottom center target. My dilemma I run into is 55.2 and 56.0 seemingly have either pulls or flyers. I am by no means an expert marksman so unidentified pulls are definitely not out of the question. Assuming 56.0 has a pull, it has the exact same POI as 55.6 - which makes me think 56.0 is the center of a node - 56.0 is already several grains higher than any listed maximum for this combo, so I’m hesitant to go any higher though there are no pressure signs except the bolt is only ever so slightly harder to lift up but by no means “sticky”. I had 2 extra 55.0 sighter shells so i shot them at the middle top target at the end, so that is why there are only two holes there. Tell me what you all think! [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/www.snipershide.com\/shooting\/core\/webkit-fake-url:\/\/a93e2e96-778c-4476-998a-13d9184a26ee\/imagejpeg"}[/IMG2]

Last edited:
[No message]

Attachments

• photo80335.jpg
    photo80335.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 31
The groups aren't floating around that much concerning location on the target, at least until the groups fall apart. I'd go with the best group in in your case.

its nice when that happens.

54.9 if you need a decent load without burning up too much components. I think your best load, with least vertical at distance, might come if you play with seating depth at 55.6.

Last edited: