• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

30 06 Proof carbon barrel update!

Tazman

Private
Banned !
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2004
Indiana
I couldn't find my old thread but I wanted to update everyone on my Proof carbon barrel issue on my 30 06. As some of you remember I bought a used barreled action on here. 30 06 Remington action 22 inch proof barrel. It would shoot 190 Bergers at 2860fps in better than a .5 inch group for 3 shots then have a point of impact shift approx 3-4 inches lower but would put 3 shots in a .5 inch group.

After recommendation from some of you I contacted Proof even though I bought the gun used. I was treated very well and the company stood behind the barrel with not only a replacement but covered the labor to install it. The rifle is at tooter Meredith's which is where I sent it for evaluation after I exhausted my knowledge of isolating the issue. I have 3 other full builds with Proof carbon barrels and have never had an issue but the fact they stood behind a used rifle I bought was more than impressive. I wanted to share a positive review of a company since we tend to only focus on the negative anymore.

I was running the 178 eldm at 3000fps with RL26 which in my opinion putts the 30 06 back in the game.

Glad they stood behind it! Always nice hearing when a company does right.

Proof is awesome to deal with. I’ve never had an issue with any of mine they have all hammered but it doesn’t surprise me they stood behind it. Good people.

Wow, never thought an 06 could push an 178 eldm at anything near 3000fps.

RL26 and a 215 primer shoots awesome with Lapua brass. No pressure signs but not going to push any harder.