• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 30-06 Suppressor

nleaders

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 12, 2011
AZ
I am shooting 208 A-Max at 2700 FPS, is a 308 can good to suppress this, or should I go for a WM can?

Re: 30-06 Suppressor

Thanks so much dude! TBA suppressors are a little $$$ for me at this point. Any other info out there about this?

Go research that brand that is in your budget and see what their makers say regarding their cans. My name ain't Kreskin.

I'm pretty happy with the Wells Custom suppressor that I have. I run it on 6.5 CM, 260, 7/300 WSM, 30-06 and it works well on them all. It's not the perfect setup for each particular caliber but it is very flexible and does the job nicely.

ETA: And the 30P-1 is a really nice suppressor... saving up for one and using that would certainly not be money spent in vain.

If you dont mind the weight, YHM 7.62 phantom works very well, I have a 30P-1 also, they sound about the same...just twice the weight.

We offer the SAS .30cal models which do cover the .300WM so you will be good to go. The SS models start @ $595 and the TI models start @ $795. If you would like to discuss to see which model will fit your needs and budget give us a call and we will be glad to assist.

My only 30 cal. can is a Gemtech HVT. I run it on a 308 and 5.56 but I believe it's rated to 300wm. I'm happy with it's performance.

Thanks guys, this has all been very helpful!

I'm running a YHM Phantom 762 SS on a .300WM. Yup, it's heavy...but works well.