• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 30-378 and GreyBullPrecision Scope

cornhuskid

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 27, 2008
Olympia, WA
I finally got back out in the hills to check the turret made for the Grey Bull Precision scope I picked up. All I can say is , "Wow"! We setup over a dropoff ravine and shot steel at a laser measured 892 yards. I am NOT that great of a shot, so used a Harris "S" bipod with a rear bag as well as a couple sitting shots with an Eberlestock supporting the rear of the stock. Anyway, we shot about 15 times, and had several good hits as well as very close misses from little wind changes. After 10 rounds I clicked the scope up about two clicks (1/3 clicks on the Grey Bull Precision scope) and shot another 5. Seven hits out of 15 isn't great, but this was our first time away from the bench, and I'm still learning how to dope wind. Oh - the rifle is a Accumark in 30-378. No special work other than rebedding the action, factory bedding chipped out after 100 rounds. Must have been a "Friday" build. I am also using the Berger 210 VLD bullets. I can not say enough good things about this company and their products.

Enjoy the pics! Hopefully I can improve the hit percentage once I know more about wind deflection, but I have to say the scope/turret combo worked perfectly as advertised.

Target01.jpg

Target02.jpg

Re: 30-378 and GreyBullPrecision Scope

cornhuskid,

Pretty good groups you shot.
Did the turret match the actual drop from the load you were shooting ?

Steve

Re: 30-378 and GreyBullPrecision Scope

Hi,

The turret matches almost perfectly. We spent a weekend shoting in Eastern WA so we could find somewhere flat enough to get data for every 100 yards, and then used software to determine the click values for evey 25 yards out to 1000. It's really nice to range the target, dial the yardage and hold dead on (for elevation).

Jeff