• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

$30 a brick primers

UP_North

Private
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2009
What would you do if you made a deal with a man to sell him Federal 215 primers for $30 a thousand and drive to meet him for a FTF deal then he offers you $25?? Like I have a crap load and I was trying to help him out but told him to take his $ and stick it up his ass.

Re: $30 a brick primers

Are you willing to ship to PA? What are you selling at that price, because I could be interested.

I need SR's

EDIT: And yes, you're right, no good deed goes unpunished.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MontanaMarine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would have done the same. </div></div>

+1...

Bad form, for sure. Party foul. I'd have told him $25 for 500 after that.

I was just trying o help someone out as I have enough to last secveral people a very long time. You can call it hoarding if you want but I started way before this shit did.
No I dont ship or even actually want to sell any. I thought I was helping a man out. Sorta made me see differently as I can just keep them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Strickland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tell him the price just went to $35 / 1k... </div></div>

+1...

I would tell him we had a deal, that's why we are here! If you backing out on our deal, your word is worth nothing from now on!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was this the member here you were trying to help out? </div></div>

Here and on the campfire

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Idaho_Elk_Hunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here and on the campfire</div></div>

Sad.....and now he has no primers....what's $5 a thousand to keep your word and be able to reload.

Let's see, $5 per 1k, that's one half of a penny more per round.

Well when I just saw them sell for $60 a thousand here. The deal was that we had already agreed on the price. I paid $23.99+6% tax and drove 8 miles. Not like I was trying to take advantage of the primer situation. But I cant get it out of my mind

Can we have their username or is this something you don't want to divulge?

We have a "Good guys to deal with thread" Most of the other places I've dealt with have a "don't deal with this member" place.

Nobody here thinks you're trying to take advantage of the primer situation, you sold them under market value. I can't find them for under $36/thou by me.

Market value? he was selling for well below market value! I cant get any primers under $40 plus tax per K out here!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Better clear up the ID as smart-asses like me will find threads like this and possibly groundless accusations may start flying!!

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...759#Post1073759
</div></div>

that wasnt him. I was actually trying to help him locate some in his area where I had found some a few days before.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can we have their username or is this something you don't want to divulge?

At the moment no. He traveled about 140+ miles round trip. He may have been joking or trying to test me but I wasnt in the mood for it. It cost him a lot more than me. I think I am hated enough by him form the moment.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Idaho_Elk_Hunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

At the moment no. He traveled about 140+ miles round trip. He may have been joking or trying to test me but I wasnt in the mood for it. It cost him a lot more than me. I think I am hated enough by him form the moment. </div></div>

Gotcha. Hopefully the response regarding your experience will make him think twice about pulling crap like this again. Sounds like you've been more than understanding about it.

There are some miserable pricks on this forum and some nice guys too.

One sent me an IOR scope to see if I liked it, and THEN I sent him a check.

Another one nearby I contacted about assembling a Dillon press that I received when someone died. His response was "Why the hell should I help you by even answering your questions?"

Like anywhere, you have to separate the wheat from the chaff, but SH is more polarized than others.

I have had people send me things to. Its nice to me to find someone that trust me. I have had packages arrived I know before they have recieved payment.
I have already had a man lie about selling bullets to me. Oh well I dont have to deal with him either.

Idaho_Elk_Hunter, that guy was a no class POS and you did the right thing. You were more polite than I would have been.

I would have told him good luck on finding primers at 25 or 30 dollars per thousand in todays market. The gall of some people today.

I think it's funny.

He drove almost 150 miles to get what is currently a 'below retail' price on primers, haggles for $5 and walks away with nothing. Don't know what car he drives, but sounds to me like he lost a few hours of his life, some gas money, walked away with no primers AND will no doubt pay more than the $30 to get what he ultimately needs...priceless!

Karma, ain't she a bitch?

Chris

If you were here and I only had to drive 8 miles, I'd probably take all the large rifle you'd offer at that price. His loss...

People need to learn to realize that when there is a shortage, the price has to go up or the shortage will continue. The prices will return to normal when production catches up with demand.

No good deed goes unpunished. Remember the 90/10 rule; applies everywhere.

You did the right thing. Some people will try anything at least once. Some of them learn not to do it again and some don't, but it will always be their problem.

You did the right thing. I wouldn't sell him shit after that.
He problably doesn't need to be named. After his drive, and maybe reading this thread he'll understand. Had a guy want a rifle of mine a while back, wanted a trigger job and scope/rings/bases mounted as well. Got that set up for him,(for free) and then he decided to lowball the hell out of me for a rifle I had priced about 400-600 under market value cause I needed funds quick for another purchase. I told him I'd take the rifle and wrap it around a fucking tree before I gave it to him for that. Get to packing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Strickland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tell him the price just went to $35 / 1k... </div></div>

I've done a variation of this when some guy tries low balling me on a price at a gunshow. The guys will generally pick up a box and offer less than marked. I'll respond by taking it from them and acting like I had it marked wrong and immediately set it behind the table telling him that I had it marked wrong and couldn't possibly sell it for the marked price. I've had more than several complain that if I had it marked at that I should sell it at what was shown. I of course admitted they were right and took their money...... I wonder how many ever figured that one out...
grin.gif

hangunnr

You did the right thing. Hell, I felt bad enough helping a guy locally with a couple hundred SR primers. I picked them up for $4.00/100 +tax and sold them to him for the same. Overpriced by my standard but I needed to work up a .223 load. Your price of $30/100 was a bargain. He's the idiot that missed out on your favor.

He should have jumped on them. I got a call from our local sporting goods store last night saying that they had primers and I should get down there.

I jumped in the PU an went down only to find them listed at $74.99 a thousand and $7.99 a hundred!!! I said is this right?? The clerk says, "Oh yea, there hard to find", I just shook my head an walked out. I have bought my last thing in their store.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hangunnr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Strickland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tell him the price just went to $35 / 1k... </div></div>

I've done a variation of this when some guy tries low balling me on a price at a gunshow. The guys will generally pick up a box and offer less than marked. I'll respond by taking it from them and acting like I had it marked wrong and immediately set it behind the table telling him that I had it marked wrong and couldn't possibly sell it for the marked price. I've had more than several complain that if I had it marked at that I should sell it at what was shown. I of course admitted they were right and took their money...... I wonder how many ever figured that one out...
grin.gif

hangunnr </div></div>
LOL, thats funny! I can just see it happening too!

You did the right thing! That was a lame move on his part. You do him a favor and he throws it back.