• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

30 cal 180gr. Nosler E-Tip

mluning

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2007
Houston Texas USA
Just wondering if anybody on here has tried or is using this bullet.

Looking for an alternate dual purpose load (hunting/target) like the 178 gr. A-Max I'm using.

Re: 30 cal 180gr. Nosler E-Tip

I haven't used it for long range or target practice, but I did harvest a 500lb elk with one last december. Picked up the bullets on a monday, called Nosler for loading info and was told to use the starting load for working up from. Used the starting load, sighted in at 200 yds, `5500 ft altitude, 38* day. 10 rds 200yds about 3/4 moa, that was a tuesday. Got lucky-first day of the hunt (Saturday) had a cross canyon shot at exactly 208yds with a 10 mph up canyon wind. 18" left POA, and she was DRT. Haven't shot the rest for developing or testing as I was rather pleased with the results I obtained. Oh, and no bullet recovery, entrance hole was almost not found with the exit hole showing signs of lung/internal organ tissue out of a quarter size hole; broke two ribs on its way through and made a considerable mess out of her internals.