• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 30 cal can on other guns???

Re: 30 cal can on other guns???

It should work fine. Thread it and give us a report. I'll be using my TBAC 30P-1 on my .243.

I run my 30s on almost everything I own 223 204 6.5CM 7Saum 223Wssm. I'm even running my 45 Ti Rant on my 17hmr with great results.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beretta989</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I run my 30s on almost everything I own 223 204 6.5CM 7Saum 223Wssm. I'm even running my 45 Ti Rant on my 17hmr with great results. </div></div>

Did you check with AAC to make sure the pressures can be tolerated in the can? I know its a smaller bullet but its also a subsonic baffle stack design.

KYS338
No i have not talked with maker of can about it.
Barrel is being threaded while i am working overseas
so i should have time to check with maker
will it quiet the 243 down pretty good is what i was wondering?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollingThunder51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Poorly, it will do poorly. </div></div>

Why?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Did you check with AAC to make sure the pressures can be tolerated in the can? I know its a smaller bullet but its also a subsonic baffle stack design. </div></div>
Waiting on call back from AAC and I messaged Mike Mers just for you.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Eu_zm75Mr_E"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Eu_zm75Mr_E" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>
[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=72Py_vWs_AI[/video]

I use an SRT Shadow-Ti on an AR all the time. I called SRT and he said no problem doing so.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: a220stw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">KYS338
No i have not talked with maker of can about it.
Barrel is being threaded while i am working overseas
so i should have time to check with maker
will it quiet the 243 down pretty good is what i was wondering? </div></div>

You will be fine. Its better then no can at all.
I run a SWR Omega 30 on a 243... and a Surefire 762SS and they quiet it down plenty.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beretta989</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Did you check with AAC to make sure the pressures can be tolerated in the can? I know its a smaller bullet but its also a subsonic baffle stack design. </div></div>
Waiting on call back from AAC and I messaged Mike Mers just for you. </div></div>

Awesome.

I haven't tested the other cans but ours work great with subcalibers, within reason. We shoot .260 all the time through our 30P-1's and it's a little quieter than .308.

I tried a Shark Jaws on both a 29" 338LM and then a 25" 308.

Believe it or not, the 338 seemed quieter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: a220stw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">RollingThunder51
we are still waiting to know why you added that it will do a poor job. </div></div>

I too would like to know the answer to this. I'm about to send my .243 off to have the barrel threaded for use with my .30 cal can. Would be nice to know why you think it will perform poorly.

That is honestly the only post I have seen that says they work poorly. I have talked to several people that prefer the 308 can on 223's and many more that use them on 260's etc with good results.