• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 30 cal suppressor recommendations

I like my silencerco omega alot, but I'm a rookie in the suppressor game. Its the first one I've ever had. That being said it is light and tough and a great suppressor.

If I were to complain about one thing it would be the quick detach mount system. The teeth inside the mount are made out of a softer metal than the muzzle devices they attach to, I've noticed they have kinda ground down since I got it. So I'm always paranoid when i put it on to not move the lock ring until it is all the way tight so the teeth don't ratchet.

I've always been curious about the oss suppressors design, but they look really heavy and im not sure they are that much quieter. They do cut down on blow back though, maybe something to look into since you said you are using AR's.

I'd say go with a SureFire 7.62RC, especially for 30 cal.

I've been testing suppressors with a few buddies of mine - Most of my results are in the Surefire review thread...

We've found the AAC mounts to be extremely problematic and the cans themselves seem to be designed for the lower pressure spectrum.

If you ever choose to get a win mag, the Surefire can scale up to that as it's meant for primarily MK248's...

It's not going to sound great on subsonics but, everything supersonic will be suppressed just fine -- Higher pressure the better.

Sounds awesome on M118's and Mk262's...

I know you posted this a WHILE ago, but it was the exact information I needed for my WinMag. Thanks!

I have TBAC's and AAC's and a Sico Saker. For the best all around quiet can that won't see heavy abuse, the TBAC can't be beat. It's awesome for all but the most abused rifles. AAC has too many CS problems and they won't drop that goddamn 51T mount. I'm stuck with 2 SDN6's and 2 5.56 cans so I have to deal with it, but my Saker beats them hands down. Can take abuse and is easy on and easy off with nothing but gross motor control. No "twang!" with the flash hider, no ratchet teeth to wear out on the mount itself. It's even made out of better materials, AAC uses Inconel which is awesome but Sico uses Stellite --same shit they line M2HB barrels with.

Needless to say, any future "abuse cans" will all be Sakers (for now anyway) and for precision I stick with TBAC.

Edit: Got my KAC QDC back, FINALLY. Haven't shot it yet, but first impressions are excellent. Light considering it's all steel, indexing pin on the mount to line up the can TDC each time, ball bearings lock into the mount and it ratchets tight in order to lock down the bearings. Very well made, costly but a good candidate for future cans as well as the Saker and with respect to the hard use cans.

Last edited: