• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos .30 Caliber Family

Shaneous69

Private
Minuteman
Aug 19, 2007
Columbia, South Carolina
Rainy day, so figured I would tinker with the rifles. All are .308's except for the SiG STR which is .300 Win Mag. Waiting on the delivery of another TPAL for her to call it complete.

Re: .30 Caliber Family

looks like your decision making process was:

"ill have one of each"

Moof,
You are correct, the bolt is fluted. After seeing a couple of Hide members rifles that had the fluting done by Kampfeld Customs, I had to do it. He did a great job and the turn-around is 2-3 days. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Shane

Okay, I'm real excited by the pics, in many ways.... Don't know in which order to call; my gal, my smith, or the bank to check my balance. Best wipe the drool off my computer first.

Smokin! toys amigo. How's your .300WM set up, & what sort of performance & loads does she like? And don't tell me you haven't had her at the range for lack of a Tpal. No one on this forum would believe such a tale ;-)

Is the US Optics scope on the top one just rattle canned, or is there another type of finish on it?

Enjoy, seriously! Hope you have lots of ammo, it'll be fun.

PS: Funny, I'm not a giant AICS fan but seeing those CB skins, they're starting to grow on me. Now if they'd only make one which didn't weigh 5lbs I might go see how heavy my change jar is. And yep, I know, another member had a trick machining job done on the aluminum chassie inside to take off a touch of weight. Not sure if they weighed it or not afterwards. Neat thread to look up, if for nothing else but to see the artwork in the machining.

cool thnx, i got 1 similar to yours, im planning to send the bolt to Kampfeld Customs, to do the fluting, im running AW mags, barrel shnider 1-12 26" + badger brake so is long.
did you have to mill the mag release?

Grounds Keeper,
Believe it or not - the Sig .300WM has never had a single round through it. I bought it earlier this year and then immediately sent the stock back to McMillan to have the saddle cheekpiece and adjustable length-of-pull added. It was four months before I saw it again, but it turned out nice.

I was then going to throw a scope on it to check it out, but USO did not have any bases in stock - so I am waiting on the base so I can take it to the range. I intend to start with the .208 AMAX and 190SMKs with some H1000 and see what she prefers.

The SN-3 on the AR actually has a factory finish. I bought that scope used, but the previous owner had ordered from USO with an HD rifles camo finish. I think they send the parts to out for coating before final assembly.

Shane