• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

30 caliber tracers

huckjare

Minuteman
Mar 12, 2009
Idaho
How do they stack up against the M-80 bullets, as far as BC and long range accuracy. I mostly just shoot them for fun, but it would be nice to be able to connect on something around a grand or so and be able to see it fly that far.

Re: 30 caliber tracers

Tracer burn-out is 900...you won't see them at a grand

Really? I've shot them out to 825 the other evening. Guess I should have found something a little further away to try and hit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: insight3b</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tracer burn-out is 900...you won't see them at a grand </div></div>

I've found some of my 154gr 30 cal orange will start at 150-200 and do 12OO.
Red, 30 cal for overhead fire training, is much shorter but lights yesterday.

their ballistic is about as bad as the M80 and perfect for long range fun shooting.
I load those in 300 blkout and 308, tons of fun. My last batch light around 150 yds to about 800. the lot before that light around 400 to 1000 or so. they all depends where they come from but that is all I know.

I guess I'll get some more loaded up and see how this batch does. Thanks guy.