• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes $300 24x scope?

JCCinOhio

Private
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2014
Looking for just a basic 24x scope to do load testing with.. so 100-200yds from the bench. As long as I can get it to hit close to POA and it stays there, that's all I need.. Rifle is going to mainly have a thermal on it. $300 ish price range.. Prefer 30mm tube so I can use rings I already have. Looks like there's a few on Euro optics.. suggestions?

Vortex Crossfire II 6-24x50
Bushnell Match Pro 6-24x50mm
Vortex Diamondback Tactical 6-24x50mm
Vortex Strike Eagle 4-24x50
Vortex Viper HS 6-24x50

Last edited:
If you aren't going to touch the turrets and you put it in a decent set of rings, I'd imagine any of those would do the trick. If you're going to do any dialing, I'd run from any of those.

Reactions: JCCinOhio
Looking for just a basic 24x scope to do load testing with.. so 100-200yds from the bench. As long as I can get it to hit close to POA and it stays there, that's all I need.. Rifle is going to mainly have a thermal on it. $300 ish price range.. Prefer 30mm tube so I can use rings I already have. Looks like there's a few on Euro optics.. suggestions?

Vortex Crossfire II 6-24x50
Bushnell Match Pro 6-24x50mm
Vortex Diamondback Tactical 6-24x50mm
Vortex Strike Eagle 4-24x50
Vortex Viper HS 6-24x50
These have decent glass, a really nice reticle, track true, and have a tracking guarantee and lifetime warranty... I have a few...And for the money, they will be impossible to beat.

Arken SH4 Gen2 6-24x50 VPR MIL

Here's the specs on their website, and you buy also buy direct from Arken, if you prefer that over Amazon...

These have decent glass, a really nice reticle, track true, and have a tracking guarantee and lifetime warranty... I have a few...And for the money, they will be impossible to beat.

Arken SH4 Gen2 6-24x50 VPR MIL

Here's the specs on their website, and you buy also buy direct from Arken, if you prefer that over Amazon...

I had looked at those.. only thing is I'd also have to buy new rings. I see they have the $170 off of a bag of schwag that includes rings. Are those rings any good? Rifle is going to be a Rem 700 in .243 on a KRG Bravo, so mild cartridge on a gun with some weight. Any experience with the Vortex Strike Eagle? That's the one from the list that stands out right now.

Of those options I'd get the Match Pro. A couple friends of mine are running them for NRL22. The glass is surprisingly decent, the turrets aren't bad for the price and they seem to be holding up well to match use and occasionally being smacked into barricades.

Find ya a used swfa 20x the glass isn’t ideal for 20x but I don’t see it being any worse than the ones you listed.

I had looked at those.. only thing is I'd also have to buy new rings. I see they have the $170 off of a bag of schwag that includes rings. Are those rings any good? Rifle is going to be a Rem 700 in .243 on a KRG Bravo, so mild cartridge on a gun with some weight. Any experience with the Vortex Strike Eagle? That's the one from the list that stands out right now.
They're actually not bad rings. I have several sets. They're not my favorite, as I use ARC M-Brace and Seekins Precision rings for most everything, but I don't mind putting $70 rings on a sub-$500 scope. You throw a $200 set of ARC's on a $300 scope, and your budget priorities get a bit out of whack, IMO. 😂

Yes, I have a Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56 EBR-7C MIL. It's an alright scope. I recently had the magnification ring get pushed too far during transport, and it shifted inside the scope body... 😬 I never noticed it until the other day when I was pulling it out of the safe. I pushed it back the other direction bath to where it normally goes, and everything SEEMS fine, but we'll see if it's still zero'd. That scope is getting replaced this week anyway with a new Burris XTR-III 5.5-30x56, and I'm not sure what I'll do with the Strike Eagle, might end up selling it, along with a bunch of other low-end scopes I have sitting around now, since I've been upgrading most of my cheaper scopes with Burris XTR-II 5-25x50's while they're on sale. 🤷🏼

If you have the money for a Strike Eagle, fuck the $300 scope option and the Strike Eagle... And get one of these while they're on sale. MSRP is $1,499, Retail is $899, on sale for $649. I've compared mine directly to my Strike Eagle back-to-back, and the Burris has clearer and crisper/sharper glass. It also doesn't have as much CA as the Strike Eagle glass does. Both the Burris and Vortex have a lifetime warranty.

And a set of these rings... 34mm tube, Low (0.94) height.

They're actually not bad rings. I have several sets. They're not my favorite, as I use ARC M-Brace and Seekins Precision rings for most everything, but I don't mind putting $70 rings on a sub-$500 scope. You throw a $200 set of ARC's on a $300 scope, and your budget priorities get a bit out of whack, IMO. 😂

Yes, I have a Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56 EBR-7C MIL. It's an alright scope. I recently had the magnification ring get pushed too far during transport, and it shifted inside the scope body... 😬 I never noticed it until the other day when I was pulling it out of the safe. I pushed it back the other direction bath to where it normally goes, and everything SEEMS fine, but we'll see if it's still zero'd. That scope is getting replaced this week anyway with a new Burris XTR-III 5.5-30x56, and I'm not sure what I'll do with the Strike Eagle, might end up selling it, along with a bunch of other low-end scopes I have sitting around now, since I've been upgrading most of my cheaper scopes with Burris XTR-II 5-25x50's while they're on sale. 🤷🏼

If you have the money for a Strike Eagle, fuck the $300 scope option and the Strike Eagle... And get one of these while they're on sale. MSRP is $1,499, Retail is $899, on sale for $649. I've compared mine directly to my Strike Eagle back-to-back, and the Burris has clearer and crisper/sharper glass. It also doesn't have as much CA as the Strike Eagle glass does. Both the Burris and Vortex have a lifetime warranty.

And a set of these rings... 34mm tube, Low (0.94) height.

Thanks for the info. I'm pretty firm on around a $350 cap. As I mentioned all I want it for is load testing from the bench, it will probably never leave the back yard. I signed up today for a Euro Optics account. See if it goes through before the 31st ends.. they have a 55% off sale on Vortex scopes for veterans, so going to see what possibilities that opens up.

Reactions: FuhQ
$300 glass at 24x is going to suck any way to look at it, and I wouldn’t trust a chinesium scope to hold zero well enough for load testing.

If it’s gotta be cheap I’d look for a deal on a one fine duplex or target dot vari-x 3 6.5-20 or a Leupold target scope to pop up. I’ve seen them for $300-$400 before and they are good scopes for shooting groups.

Thanks for the info. I'm pretty firm on around a $350 cap. As I mentioned all I want it for is load testing from the bench, it will probably never leave the back yard. I signed up today for a Euro Optics account. See if it goes through before the 31st ends.. they have a 55% off sale on Vortex scopes for veterans, so going to see what possibilities that opens up.
Call them tomorrow, and talk to Clay Hawkins. Tell him Troy sent you from Snipers Hide to talk to him. He’ll know who I am. He’ll get you squared away. 👍🏼

Reactions: JCCinOhio
I ended up getting the Vortex Diamondback 6-24x50.. With the mil discount it was under $300. It's all mounted up.. bore sighted it by eye, and no shit, hit the POA at 185yds on first shot. I know that was total luck.. Plus the rifle was just thoroughly cleaned and it was a cold bore.. so... For my use the glass looks fine.

I ended up getting the Vortex Diamondback 6-24x50.. With the mil discount it was under $300. It's all mounted up.. bore sighted it by eye, and no shit, hit the POA at 185yds on first shot. I know that was total luck.. Plus the rifle was just thoroughly cleaned and it was a cold bore.. so... For my use the glass looks fine.
Best of luck to you…They don’t have the best track record. But I guess that’s what the lifetime warranty is for.