• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

300/7WSM DIES

LEOHUNTER

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2012
California
I'm starting this build and wondering a couplet things, and figured I'd ask the experts..

I wanted to do a 7WSM build and I'm leaning toward the longer neck of the 300wsm and necking to a 7mm for a little more neck control. So I'm only a couple years deep into reloading, but never have done any type of wildcat or neck up or down brass to make a certain caliber....do I need 300wsm dies that like the redding neck die, and instead of using the correct 300 bushing, I would be using the 7mm neck bushing? I'm Assuming a couple thousands at a time..... How does that work?

Thanks for the help, Sorry for the simple question, but I learn daily on this site.

Re: 300/7WSM DIES

I would just look for a set of 7mm-300WSM dies, someone must make them by now.
I assume you are correct that using a 300WSM sizer amd smaller bushings you could get the case necked down, but you're still going to need a seater die, so look for a set.
People have been necking cases down for years, so if you can't buy a bushing die for it, it will still be ok.