• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing 300 AAC Blackout bolt rifle questions

willsnipe

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 9, 2006
dry side of WA (Spokane, area)
I've been wanting to build one, but want to avoid the typical ejection problems. My first choice as an action donor is a push-feed Win 70 in 223, but it looks like the extractor/ejector geometry is very close to the problem plauged 700. Has anyone here ever installed a Sako style extractor in a M70? Or am I better off to hunt down a 700 fireball action? Any help would be appreciated.

Re: 300 AAC Blackout bolt rifle questions

I have yet to modify my follower but my Rem Model 7 ejects flawlessly and will load all but the last round with no issues. It started out as a .17 Fireball so the ejector is in the alternate location. If I was patient I would have certainly gone with a CZ527 and never looked back but I found a great deal on the model 7.

Re: 300 AAC Blackout bolt rifle questions

I used a R700 Fireball as a donor action.

It is now a 300 Whisper/Blackout and 223 Ackley switchbarrel.

No ejection problems with 300 or 223 brass using AI mags. I never tried it with the OEM stock/follower.