• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 AAC Blackout

Smokin99

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2008
Incirlik, Turkey
I purchased 2 JD machine upper/lower from the group buy and didnt know exactly what I wanted to do with one of them, Ive built 300whispers before for people and I didnt have one so I thought I would build one on those.....Just got off the phone with our barrel maker and he told me about the new 300 AAC Blackout, well long story short I got excited about the new chamber and ordered the barrel with the AAC chamber http://300aacblackout.com/ Build will consist of
16" 1:8 barrel threaded for my Elite Iron can
JD upper/lower
Vltor handguard/stock/gas block

Another coyote rifle...LMFAO
All ready blowing money and I havent even made it to the shot show...LOL but we are headed that way tomorrow!

Anyone have any trigger time with this chamber??????

Re: 300 AAC Blackout

nah but i should have a upper ready for me to test when i get home. let us know how you like it. my buddies who have tested it LOVE it, say it has a lot of potential its all in who buys off on it now on if it will make it or not.

We'll have to make one day "THUD" guns only out on the PDog Patch this spring. I remember last year shooting your whisper and hitting those little guys....LOL it was like they got hit by a football......THUD
As far as needing help Im just following suit Dave,,,,check,,,,your move. We have a T5A with chassis system wanting for your next build..lol

I have one in a bolt gun and my other is a 9.5 inch AR.

Fun times.

Sierra 220s and 175 have been the easiest to work up loads with as far as sunsonic goes. For supersonic the Nosler 125 Ballistic Tips are working great. For powders try Vhit N-110.

I have a 16" upper(no SBRs in my state and hopefully soon we'll be able to USE-not just own suppressors) on order from AAC right now. Hopefully it'll be here soon. And then hopefully I can get you some feedback.

Should have my upper completed this weekend, only problem is I have no ammo!! I am on three different wait lists, so I decided to reload. I'll be sending my 223 brass off to Hoser to convert it, and I have the die on its way from Forster; hopefully I'll be testing loads by next weekend.

I have been unable to find ANY factory ammunition for the .300AAC. I know Remington is supposedly shipping, but it seems like all I see advertised is the 220gr subsonic. We don't use suppressors, so we have no use for subsonic. I want the hypersonic loads that AAC has been documenting on their website.

I'm going to be building a .300AAC Blackout Mk18 variant for a duty rifle, but finding factory ammunition for it has been damn near impossible. Is there any talk of a proper duty round being produced, like a Bonded Core-Lokt or Accu-Tip?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USACS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been unable to find ANY factory ammunition for the .300AAC. I know Remington is supposedly shipping, but it seems like all I see advertised is the 220gr subsonic. We don't use suppressors, so we have no use for subsonic. I want the hypersonic loads that AAC has been documenting on their website.

I'm going to be building a .300AAC Blackout Mk18 variant for a duty rifle, but finding factory ammunition for it has been damn near impossible. Is there any talk of a proper duty round being produced, like a Bonded Core-Lokt or Accu-Tip?</div></div>

I spoke with Remington, and they directed me to AAC. I called AAC and they gave me a couple of numbers to their distributers. So now I sit and wait with my name on their wait lists.

I think eventually the supply will catch up with the demand. I have heard chatter that other companies intend to produce 300 blk.

Also after a few production runs from Remmington the ammo hoarders (myself included) will have their initial stock piles allowing for ammo to be more available.

Brass is easy to make,,,, run 223 threw the sizer without the expander then I cut them off with a lathe, then threw the sizer with expander ball...... or use 221fireball and its a one step process. I will be using 220gr just like I do with the 300whisper and also 110gr VMaxes. My barrel should be here in 2 more weeks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USACS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been unable to find ANY factory ammunition for the .300AAC. I know Remington is supposedly shipping, but it seems like all I see advertised is the 220gr subsonic. We don't use suppressors, so we have no use for subsonic. I want the hypersonic loads that AAC has been documenting on their website.

I'm going to be building a .300AAC Blackout Mk18 variant for a duty rifle, but finding factory ammunition for it has been damn near impossible. Is there any talk of a proper duty round being produced, like a Bonded Core-Lokt or Accu-Tip? </div></div>

I called Accusport using my local store and got 500 rounds pretty easily. The 9" upper is due at any time now this week. Hopefully the approved lower is back soon as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Smokin99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I purchased 2 JD machine upper/lower from the group buy and didnt know exactly what I wanted to do with one of them, Ive built 300whispers before for people and I didnt have one so I thought I would build one on those.....Just got off the phone with our barrel maker and he told me about the new 300 AAC Blackout, well long story short I got excited about the new chamber and ordered the barrel with the AAC chamber http://300aacblackout.com/ Build will consist of
16" 1:8 barrel threaded for my Elite Iron can
JD upper/lower
Vltor handguard/stock/gas block

Another coyote rifle...LMFAO
All ready blowing money and I havent even made it to the shot show...LOL but we are headed that way tomorrow!

Anyone have any trigger time with this chamber?????? </div></div>

You should have went SBR!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jakhamr81</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I spoke with Remington, and they directed me to AAC. I called AAC and they gave me a couple of numbers to their distributers. So now I sit and wait with my name on their wait lists.

I think eventually the supply will catch up with the demand. I have heard chatter that other companies intend to produce 300 blk.

Also after a few production runs from Remmington the ammo hoarders (myself included) will have their initial stock piles allowing for ammo to be more available. </div></div>
I hope you're right about more manufacturers. As it stands right now, it really doesn't look like there's anything I can use for duty ammo. I need either a barrier round or an urban round. The ideal setup would be the 110gr or 155gr Hornady V-Max, which I hope Hornady TAP puts out soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I called Accusport using my local store and got 500 rounds pretty easily. The 9" upper is due at any time now this week. Hopefully the approved lower is back soon as well.</div></div>
What loads did you get?
I'm doing a custom build based off of the Noveske 10.5" barrel.

AAC will be distributing 125 grain plastic tipped ammo around late March. There are a few other makers tooling up for big production runs of FMJ, Tracer, AP, frangible, solid copper, and plastic tipped ammo.

As for H110, that is a top choice for full power ammo. It is not a good choice for subsonic in auto guns as it does not generate enough gas pressure for the gas port sizes which are also compatible with full power ammo. A1680 is a good subsonic powder.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USACS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jakhamr81</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Also after a few production runs from Remmington the ammo hoarders (myself included) will have their initial stock piles allowing for ammo to be more available. </div></div>
I hope you're right about more manufacturers. As it stands right now, it really doesn't look like there's anything I can use for duty ammo. I need either a barrier round or an urban round. The ideal setup would be the 110gr or 155gr Hornady V-Max, which I hope Hornady TAP puts out soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I called Accusport using my local store and got 500 rounds pretty easily. The 9" upper is due at any time now this week. Hopefully the approved lower is back soon as well.</div></div>
What loads did you get?
I'm doing a custom build based off of the Noveske 10.5" barrel. </div></div>

I bought the remington subsonic loads from the distributor. Got my 9" upper this past week, so I am excited to take it out and see how it runs!

rsilvers, what kind of velocity are u getting with hunting bullets like the barnes ttsx 130 out of the 16 inch barrels?

I'm looking forward to seeing more of this round. I just hope some piston driven 16in uppers come out soon. I don't feel like waiting for a SBR.

I don't have pressure data for the 130 TSX. Bill Wilson posted his TSX data.

A 110 bullet will do 2450 from a 16 inch at SAAMI pressure. A 123 grain can do 2315 from a 16 inch at SAAMI pressure.

Spikes tactical had their upper out at shot show, and they should start producing them soon, billet uppers only, but look real good with their lowers. Wilsons also just came out with their uppers and completes as well.