• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 blackout bolt gun

rwest309

Private
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2007
Artesia NM
Finally got my blackout finished.

Trued 700 short action
Badger knob
Bolt Fluted by C Dixon
Tuned old style rem trigger
30 MOA base
Shilen SS 8 twist bbl 16 inches rem varmint contour
300 Blackout Chamber
Surefire brake
McM Adj HTG
pillars and marine tex
Badger M5 dbm
AI 10 rnd mag
USO XL 30mm rings
NXS 2.5-10x24 FC2 ret
Graphite black Cerakote
Tim Click built

Should be a fun little toy. More fun when I get my 762ss. I have 300 rnds of bachelor jack's brass, some 208 amaxes and h110. Time to start playing with load workup. I hope its a shooter. Only time will tell. I need to get all the shit off my bench and do some loading. Maybe this afternoon...

Re: 300 blackout bolt gun

That looks cool!!

-could be a great hog gun. Nothing like "pratical" shooting to break in a good bolt gun.

--nice job!
wink.gif

I dont know what sort of practical use this thing has for me but it is cool none the less. As usual I envisioned not spending a whole lot of money on the project but ended up doing the exact opposite.

I will use your advice and tell the governess that it is a hog gun.

I hate the word "practical", as if everything we buy has to be boring and serve a justifiable purpose.

Nice gun, I like it.
I like to see what people can come up with. I like the old school Marine camo...
Wheres the can?

The can? The can is on order. Since Feb 2011 So if it makes it to my in state dealer in under a year I will be amazed. Then I " can " wait some more for the form 4 to clear. If I wasn't balls deep in surefire brakes I would be shooting a thunder beast rather than waiting for a surefire.

Why?

I mean, I can see the desirability of the cartridge in the AR platform, but I'm at a loss why anyone would want it in a bolt gun.

Why not in a bolt gun. Ultra quiet, no action noise, more accuracy, no function issues.
Got one I built on a mini mauser, 1-8 Lothar Walther bbl, etc, with an AAC 7.62.
under 3/4 moa at 100, the only signature is the ping of the FH, and the impact of the projectile. Pure fun, and function.

No action noise? What makes the action quieter than a .308 sub?

More accuracy? Hardly. What makes this cartridge inherently more accurate than any other 7.62 round?

Function issues? Again, what function issues does the BLK eliminate that any other 7.62 platform induces?

Jrose I half ass agree with you and it is my gun. Lol

It's a heavy little bastard too. I wouldn't say it is better or necessary in a bolt gun but...There are more hand load options when you are not being forced to consider the ability of the load to cycle a semi auto. That and I have several 308's.

Just for fun is the only answer I feel confident giving as a truthful response.

Trust me. I'm not one to judge a redundant firearm purchase, and "just for fun" is totally understandable. Lol

shhhhh...the governess does not accept just for fun. We need to come up with a plausible reason for this firearm to reside in my safe. Suppressor Host sounds most official. That is what I have been referring to it as of late however my lack of suppressor is starting to make that nomenclature seem less than plausible.

Damn...that is one sexy rifle my friend. I hate seeing stuff like this because it just adds to the list of wants, practical or not
smile.gif

Meh...suppressed 22LR is quiet out of an AR platform...until you shoot it in a bolt gun. 9mm out of a Thompson Center...yup, .300 Blackout from an AR vs a bolt gun...same gig. There IS a lot of difference and the ammunition being produced performs better than the the M48 round (supersonic) and subsonic ammo is available for well under $16 a box (20). Unless you reload, you're not going to find .308 subsonic anywhere near that price range. I see this round as the replacement for the 7.62x39 (M48) in the AR and bolt gun platforms.