• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.300 Blackout / Lehigh bullets

YTALER

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2010
dayton, Ohio
www.themat.com
Anyone have any prefered loads for the .300 Blackout using Lehigh subsonic controlled fracturing bullets ? I want to develop a load for my 16" AR upper with Gemtech can.

Re: .300 Blackout / Lehigh bullets

I don't for that bullet. I will say I started working on supersonic and subsonic loads, did not find alot of difference in sound and now I save money not shooting the heavier slower bullets.

Re: .300 Blackout / Lehigh bullets

What barrel lenghth?
Hey man did you ever end up having success with the Lehighs in .300BLK? I'm wondering if anyone has experience with 194gr "Maximum Expansion" projectiles, specifically as far as hunting goes.

Most important question is what is your twist rate. I do use these bullets with great success

I don't have an upper built yet so I can get whatever barrel is necessary, I was just wondering if it's worthwhile to build one if that projectile works well or not. It sure as hell looks nasty but I wonder how it really works on live animals.

I don't have an upper built yet so I can get whatever barrel is necessary, I was just wondering if it's worthwhile to build one if that projectile works well or not. It sure as hell looks nasty but I wonder how it really works on live animals.
It's works very well. Need a 1-7 twist or better for those bullets.

I’ve been running some trials with the Lehigh 194gr ME. Rainier 16” ultramatch barrel, 1:7.5 twist. Best results from Vihtavuori N120. This is a 10 shot group @ 50yds. 2.20” COAL, CCI 41 primer, 10.6gr VV N120. As a side note 300blktalk.com is a good forum for more granular 300blk info.

17C065C7-5375-4362-AF1A-003148CA7114.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: kindabitey
This is a 174CF Lehigh in 10% Clear gel. Pay no attention to the pass through behind the bullet.

174 lehigh cf gel.jpg

What was the velocity and how much penetration?
I think that was around 900 fps. It's a 16" long block, so I'm just guessing at around 14" total penetration. It was completely fractured at
about 4-5".
It's been a bit since I did that test. I'll see if I can find the actual data.