• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 blackout pistol barrel

Hobbes442

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2018
want to build first 300 blk out pistol . have 10.5" 556 and 16" 300 blk out but want a 9.5-10.5" to run with can to shoot 50-150yds for hog\varmit hunting instead of carrying around scar 17 with can and thermal . shot show week will have lots of deals and want to make sure I order something . any ideas on what brand barrel? stainless? looking at Superlative arms adjustable gas block. most uppers I want with 1:7 twist assembled don't come with adj gas blocks . I don't know what m lock guard either or upper . trying to keep searching web killing me and wanted some advice without getting slammed for not being an expert
thanks

Kak barrels are good for the money. I have a 12" that shoots pretty good. Never really shot for groups alot but plenty accurate enough. They have a good reputation

any more barrel suggestions? 300 blkout 9" 1:7 twist had been waiting on BA that was on backorder Performance barrel - but not sure after reading some posts here

I have 8" handguard so need at least 8.5" to clear can -thanks

any more barrel suggestions? 300 blkout 9" 1:7 twist had been waiting on BA that was on backorder Performance barrel - but not sure after reading some posts here

IF you can wait a week I'll have said 10.3 performance barrel, it should arrive tomorrow. I'll only have a couple supersonic factory loads, the rest will be handloads.

Emailed with Kurt (pres )at KAK and decided on 9” 1:7 twist 416 stainless barrel . 5r rifling “mr blond” at 65% of msrp
Will see how works out

Reactions: 10ring1
you don't need any longer than 8-9". Have a look at the offerings from Faxon or ballistic advantage 8.2" or rosco bloodline 8.2

You're building a 300 BLK to shoot 220g subsonics through your .30 can, when it gets out of ATF jail, right?
(I'm just assuming, why would anyone else want a 300 BLK?)
I mean, a 300 BLK without a can is like peanut butter without the jelly, but I digress.

I have a 8.3" Ballistic Advantage 'Hanson' Profile Barrel on my SBA3 brace equipped AR *cough*pistol*cough*, a can adds 7-8" or so, it's about the same length as a rifle when all is said and done.

Don't shoot my dog.

I just wanted a shorter version 300 vs my 16” and to have fun with. Looked at BA and great price but seemed like Kak had a better deal quality at not much $ difference. Can’t have all D cups. Need a few C and B cups to fondle to have variety?