• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 blackout throwing second shot

jsthntn247

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2009
Mississippi
Gun is an Aero Precision 10” barrel. I worked a load up from 15-17.5 of H110 with 155 Berger hybrids. 16.3 and 16.5 looked like this group. Everything else was 5” plus. I loaded 20 up at 15.4 and shot 3 shot groups letting the barrel cool between groups. Every time the second shot is getting thrown and the third comes back beside the first. What could be causing this? I tried less crimp and it was allot worse.

Attachments

• F5C9F646-E7A7-4EA0-A5CF-9787D65B9D94.jpeg
    F5C9F646-E7A7-4EA0-A5CF-9787D65B9D94.jpeg
    474.6 KB · Views: 38
Are you using a chrono? If so, is it hanging on the barrel?
Seems odd it’s pattern of always the second shot but could be coincidence and hotter load. If chrono is on barrel it could throw it off, though that seems really far off.

Might be worth trying 5 rd group.

1st round chambers differently then subsequent rounds.
Last round has no pressure on bottom of BCG.
Both 1st and last round out of an AR have potential to be out of core group. Typically I've not seen the drastic difference you are seeing but I am curious to see what a 5 rd group looks like of the same ammo.
Pistol port or CAR gas system?
Buffer weight?
Suppressed or unsuppressed?

Any other propellants on hand in correct burn rate? If yes, what propellants are available.