• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 blackout

swordfish

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 24, 2009
Daphne , AL
Im waiting for LWRC to come out with a piston 300 blackout .
for you guys that have one any complaints

Re: 300 blackout

Pws has a piston Blackout. Adams Arms also.

I don't know anyone working on a 16 inch piston barrel for an AR.

The only thing that matters about those rounds is having an adjustable gas block for High velocity ammo and Subsonic, or it will not work!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Longbow338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only thing that matters about those rounds is having an adjustable gas block for High velocity ammo and Subsonic, or it will not work!</div></div>

This is not true. I ran super and subsonic, both suppressed and unsuppressed out of my 8 inch Noveske with no problems cycling. None of the rounds felt overgassed either.

Not everyone runs Class 3. Make it a 16 and youll have problems without the block.

12", but only run sub.

Be aware that suppressed puts way more shit in the chamber via the bore. Suppressed is far, far dirtier than unsurpassed.

Piston is something if a waste on a 300.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Longbow338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only thing that matters about those rounds is having an adjustable gas block for High velocity ammo and Subsonic, or it will not work! </div></div>

That is 300 Whisper(R). 300 AAC BLACKOUT solved that problem.

AAC uppers will run from subsonic unsuppressed to supersonic suppressed - all four configurations, within Colt M4 specs for bolt velocity and cyclic rate.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Longbow338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not everyone runs Class 3. Make it a 16 and youll have problems without the block. </div></div>

For Whisper(R), yes. Not with an AAC upper in 300 AAC BLACKOUT and Remington ammo. The 16 inch and 9 inch perform the same. Neither requires an adjustable gas block to run subsonic or full power ammo - with or without a can.

It looks like I need to do a video of the magazine alternated with subsonic ammo and full power ammo.

DSC06047.jpg

That would be a video worth seeing, especially for us blackout owners who have yet to put hands on factory supersonic ammo.

I find it interesting that they fixed the problem. I would be interested to know how the fixed it and would actually like to shoot one. If it shoots the Amax 208 subsonic and the 150 at 2000 without cycling too hard without an adjustable gas block I would say that is a good product. I also saw that Noveske only gaurantees the supersonic to function its the reliable subsonic that is the trick. Supersonic is a piece of cake. Show me an AAC that does both but functions reliably supressed for 20 magazines without cleaning and I will be a believer. Now I have whisper that has been flawless for 15 years and was developed to work and does. I am waiting to hear more on this and if they will hold up and shoot dirty.

I am very interested in this cartridge... PWS MK109 is next on my list.