• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 BLK boreguide???

wfjames22

trigger yanker
Minuteman
  • May 8, 2009
    SW TN
    I have been searching for one and I am not having any luck. What are you 300 BLK shooters using?

Re: 300 BLK boreguide???

Maybe I shouldve been a little clearer, I am looking for an AR15 style boreguide that fills the upper. This is the one I use for my AR's in 223.

2cysn6q.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hmm, will the regular 556 AR guide not work? </div></div>

Hole is too small for the 30cal jag to pass through.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rkaires</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got mine from Sinclair Int. </div></div>

Thanks for the headsup. Are you using the 7.62x39 model in your 300 blackout? I figure it may work but I am not sure due to the fact that the 7.62x39 case has a larger diameter than the 300.

if you have access to a lathe you could chuck up a JP bore guide and drill out the hole to fit.

Or maybe you could use a bolt action bore guide (Just the tube) with some spacers to center it in the AR upper..?

Call up the folks at Possum Hollow. They have been making them. The one they make looks like the guide pictured above except the barrel to rod clearance wont allow for an o ring.

Thanks Mitch, I just shot them an email at Possum Hollow. I contacted Sinclair last week and they told me no dice.

been using the one for my 6.5 grendel or standard 556, both do the job but make sure to clean the chamber real good.
    hope this helps.