• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors .300 BLK Dedicated Suppressor

phantasm

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2004
Earth
I'm looking to pick up a suppressor for a .300 BLK and am torn between the Dead Air Nomad-L and the SilencerCo Omega 300. This will primarily stay on my .300 BLK as I have one for 5.56 already. Does anyone have any experience with either of these suppressors?

I don’t own either of those, but have heard nothing but good things about the Nomad-L, I have a Surefire 300 sps that just got approved, looking forward to running some 300 subs through it when received.

That shouldn't be a hard decision to make at all. Buy the Nomad L if those are your only two options.

I'm very happy with my Omega. I wouldn't hesitate with a Nomad if it had the KeyMo attachment.

If you are thinking light and direct thread for 300blk only why not get the Omega 9k?

Reactions: TACC
Seems like the L would be a huge can for something like a 300 blk. I think my nomad is a beast as is. lol.

Have an omega, it is great. I’m well invested in the Silencerco mounting system. Considering the nomad as a future purchase because it is different than what I have, and it looks like can accept an ASR mont.

Yes, I know there are better mounting options out there now, but I have way too much sunk in the ASR system and muzzle devices to switch out unless I win the lottery. If one was starting over, I start by research the mounting options, and go from there. Pic the best mount and pair with the best can features.

I'm very happy with my Omega. I wouldn't hesitate with a Nomad if it had the KeyMo attachment.

If you are thinking light and direct thread for 300blk only why not get the Omega 9k?
This is the ticket

Seems like the L would be a huge can for something like a 300 blk. I think my nomad is a beast as is. lol.

I was/am considering the Nomad as well. I had read and seen that reports that the -L was built for higher pressure rounds like the .300 BLK and suppressed it more efficiently.

Reactions: HansohnBrothers
No experience with the Nomad so I can’t compare, but I love my Omega 300.

I was/am considering the Nomad as well. I had read and seen that reports that the -L was built for higher pressure rounds like the .300 BLK and suppressed it more efficiently.
Never heard that angle, and never considered it a higher pressure round. I could certainly be wrong there.

If you go the the L page on dear air, one of the first lines says “ suppressing the 300 blk is child’s play”, then goes on to say what the L is for. Certainly it would work well on a 300 blk, just seems like a big can for a shorty anything to me.

Never heard that angle, and never considered it a higher pressure round. I could certainly be wrong there.

If you go the the L page on dear air, one of the first lines says “ suppressing the 300 blk is child’s play”, then goes on to say what the L is for. Certainly it would work well on a 300 blk, just seems like a big can for a shorty anything to me.

Yea. I was originally looking at the Nomad-30 and may just got that route. That should be more than enough I think.

Half or Full Nelson by Q is a consideration. A buddy is putting a full Nelson on a 6.75” Sig TacOps 300bk. With subsonic ammo, it should meter out at about 120db.

You can ask the man himself @Mageever .

I vote NOMAD-L. My Nomad-30 just had it's tax stamp approved.

Reactions: TACC
I would hands down only consider 5-6" cans for dedicated 300blk. I can't tell the difference between an Ultra 5 and a SRT 9" magnum can on my 8.5" pistol. In fact if I dump 20 rounds of 190 Sub-X or 208's only the first 5-6" of the 9" can are even warm. Now with supers there may be a more noticeable difference but even so I'd still be looking 5-6" tops.

Reactions: phantasm and TACC
I have an Omega 300 that is dedicated to my 8.3" HD rifle. If I were to change anything, I'd go shorter with a 9k (as mentioned above) or maybe the new YHM ResonatorK.