• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 BLK MK12 MOD0 upper

PLeighton

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 25, 2007
NE North Carolina
www.l8ntactical.com
P1010272_WEB.jpg

Noveske 300 BLK 10" Barrel
All the standard MK12 MOD0 upper parts minus the OPS hardware & PRI front sight base
TBAC 30P-1 Sound Suppressor
Tango Down ACB-4 Bipod
LMT Enhanced BCG & PRI M84 Charging Handle
LMT SOPMOD Stock & Buffer Tube
H2 Buffer
Leupold Mark 4 3.5-10x40mm LR/T M3 Front Focal TMR Reticle with Tenebraex ARD
P1010260_w.jpg

Alternate Optic Configuration: Trijicon Tri-Power TX30 with Tenebraex ARD

P1010271_WEB.jpg

This is just an additional upper that I put together last week.
Shot great while testing this weekend.
Will post groups and range report once I complete load development for the 220gr SMKs. (Subsonic Loading)

For those that are not familiar with the 300 BLK Cartridge:
http://300aacblackout.com/

Re: 300 BLK MK12 MOD0 upper

WOW!!! Now THAT is a thing of beauty!! Looking forward to your range report.

It is nice. I vote for the smaller optic. A 1-4x would be cool also.

Nice build. I just finished mine as well.

Noveske 10" barrel with a Troy TRX Extreme Rail and AAC Breakout. I'm waiting to get the new AAC 762 SDN-6 can.

My lower is a T15 BDX lower, Magpul ACS stock, JP tactical fire control group, and BCM Bolt Carrier Group.

I'm waiting for ammo and I plan to use an Eotech EXPS-2 since I probably won't shoot much past 100 yards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rsilvers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is nice. I vote for the smaller optic. A 1-4x would be cool also. </div></div>
Thank you Robert,

As far as the optic goes, the Mark 4 was the best fit for me.
It is the lowest power Front Focal optic that Leupold offers and I thought the M3 turrets would be useful since this cartridge has so much drop.
Why Leupold you ask?
Well, I've had great success with them on my competition bolt gun and when you factor in their .mil pricing, it can't be beat.
(Having an optic that matches the MK12 MOD0 pattern is just a nice bonus.)
The Mark 4 also will be serving double duty when my 5.56 upper is in its RECCE configuration.

On the matter of to much magnification, I don't think that will be the case.
There will be a Leupold Delta Point riding on top of the Mark 4 and the extra magnification comes in handy for dispatching groundhogs.
For general use I will most likely just run with the Trijicon Tri-Power.
I have two different setups for my ARs, Precision & General Purpose.
If anyone is interested in seeing the different configurations, I'll take some photos and post them up.

Does AAC still plan on offering M3 turrets for the 300 BLK after 2011 SHOT show?

If the Noveske barrel has the gas port in the pistol position then try 8.3 to 8.6 grains of Lil Gun with the Sierra 220 BTHP for a sub sonic load.

The gas port is in the pistol position.
Thank you very much for the tip on the load.
Unfortunately I did not pick up any Lil Gun for load development.
I bought:
- H110
- AA1680
- AA #9
- N110
- H335

If you have any more valuable load data, please feel free to post it up on the 300 BLK Load Data thread that I started.
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2085833#Post2085833

Do you like having an adjustable stock on there? I have an a2 stock on my spr and I was thinking of changing it to either a prs or a magpul acs. I guess it really depends on intended use though.

Now that's a sweet rifle! Never thought about 300 black out and a mk11 before...good idea!

Charlie

want to do 1 of these next--just read about the 300 black out--
was going to do a whisper but this seems the way to go--thanks for the pics and info--that configuration is over the top--can't wait to get back to TX for the class 3 stuff---Cheers

Thanks,
I have been planning this build as a 300 / 221 Fireball for the last 10 months now.
The release on the 300 BLK was an unexpected win fall.
It is one of the few times where I have come out on the right side of a new product development like this.
I suspect that the 300 BLK is going to be a rising star in 2011.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter19802003</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you like having an adjustable stock on there? I have an a2 stock on my spr and I was thinking of changing it to either a prs or a magpul acs. I guess it really depends on intended use though. </div></div>The CRANE / LMT SOPMOD stock is pretty sweet.
I have been using one since 2005 and honestly can't imagine using any other stock.
It is rock solid and has zero wiggle / play.
The comb allows for an excellent cheek / chin weld that is extreemly comfortable and the recoil pad does a great job of not sliping off the shoulder.

Here is a good description taken from http://www.militarymorons.com/weapons/ar.furniture.html
The stock was originally designed and made by NSWC, Crane division, and seen on the weapons of Navy SEALs and DEVGRU members in pics coming back from 'Stan and Iraq for the past couple of years.
The Crane is longer than the standard CAR Stock, and has a triangular main section, which houses an accessory compartment on each side.
In each compartment is a tube with an O-ring sealed cap.
The tubes slide into the commpartments and the caps are rotated to lock the tubes in place.
Installation and removal of the tubes require removal of the stock from the buffer tube.
The butt plate is vertical and has a removable rubber buttpad.
The LMT Crane took care of some of the reported problems which the original Crane stocks had, without changing the overall design.