• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report 300 blk vs all others

KM375

SSG
Minuteman
May 10, 2010
VA.
Can someone make a trajectory chart/graph of the 300 blk with its supersonic round 110 barnes out of a 16 inch barrel vs, a 6.8, 16 inch barrel using its best performing round, and 5.56 16 inch barrel with a 50 or 55 gr barnes, and 7.62x51 16 inch barrel using about a 150 gr barnes.
Or is there a free program that I can use to compare it myself. I have not seen a graph that represents all of these rounds together

Re: 300 blk vs all others

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: krm375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can someone make a trajectory chart/graph of the 300 blk with its supersonic round 110 barnes out of a 16 inch barrel vs, a 6.8, 16 inch barrel using its best performing round, and 5.56 16 inch barrel with a 50 or 55 gr barnes, and 7.62x51 16 inch barrel using about a 150 gr barnes.
Or is there a free program that I can use to compare it myself. I have not seen a graph that represents all of these rounds together
</div></div>

What you need to find out is the "average" speed each of these bullets travels in FPS for your barrel specs. You can find the published BC for each bullet online at least "relatively close" from published manufacturer data. From there input the data into JBM and print your own charts and compare.

www.jbmballistics.com

Your best bet is to ask if anyone has the rifle/caliber with 16" barrel and gather information from there.

Re: 300 blk vs all others

I have seen the Remington pro-mo flyer, I just want to compare the 300 blk High velocity trajectory to the standard military rounds. Not 300 BLK but the BLK has similar trajectory to the AK.
49404566.jpg