• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report 300 BLKOUT, 200 yds with 208 A-max subsonic w/pics

ChadTRG42

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2007
Dallas, Texas
www.dallasreloads.com
I went to the range yesterday to work on some loads for a few rifles at 200 yards. While I was there, I had a buddies 300 BLK OUT he wanted me to shoot. So I screwed on my can, grabbed 10 rounds of my 208 A-max subsonic ammo and dialed some elevation into the scope. I put 5 rounds down range at 200 yards and went and checked the target. I had 5 rounds grouped pretty tight, which is low and right on the target. The cluster on the far right actually has 3 rounds in it. So I went back and shot another 5 rounds, which are the top 4 rounds plus 1 flier low and left. The flier looks like the bullet went in a little crooked on the paper. Overall, it shot very well. If you don't count the flier, the 9 shot group is right at 3". For subsonic ammo at 200 yards, that's awesome!

The 208's are running 1045 fps with an ES of 34 fps on 10 rounds.

Here's a picture of my set-up. Wind was coming from my 9 o'clock at about 13 to 18 mph. This is why the group strings more right and left. The bench in front of me is 196 yards to the large white board target, and the next bench further up is the 100 yard bench.

And, the sun had the perfect angle for me to see the bullet in-flight on the way to the target. Those 208's have a trajectory of about throwing a rock! With a can on and no shooting muffs, all you hear is the action cycle, and the bullet impact the target a half second later. This caliber and AR set-up is the funnest thing I've shot in a long time!

Upper is a Chuck Ross 16" with a Tiger shark 300WM can.

You can find this ammo for sale HERE.

Thank you, Jeff!!!
300BLKout.jpg

DSC_1149.jpg

Re: 300 BLKOUT, 200 yds with 208 A-max subsonic w/pics

Hope mine shoots that good.

That's excellent shooting. Usually the vertical is pretty bad even at 100 yards with subs. Looks like you have a good load.

My 8" shoots 220 gr. Remington
-.50" @ 25 yd.
+1.5" @ 50 yd.
0.00" @ 75 yd.
-2.5" @ 100 yd.

Haven't gone further.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ddavis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's excellent shooting. Usually the vertical is pretty bad even at 100 yards with subs. Looks like you have a good load. </div></div>
Yes, thank you! I researched and experimented with 4 different powders for my sub ammo. Some were ok, but 1 powder gave great results. Out of 10 shots it had a 34 fps ES with an average of 1045 fps. The one low shot looks like it went in a little side ways, so I'm pretty sure that's why was out of the group. But it's still minute of pig!

Can we get some load info?

Nice shooting, Chad!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fredo0621</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can we get some load info? </div></div>

Likely not, since the reason Chad's developing the ammo for that rifle in particular is part of his business model.

He provides the service to shooters and then provides the ammo and load info as part of the service.

I dont know much about the 300 BLKOUT but how far are they good out to? What energy do they still have out at 200 or farther?

You're tempting me Chad...Had a chance to shoot a suppressed 300BLK with subsonic ammo, while not as accurate as this it was very neat to say the least.

Mark thank you for the link it was very informative. I was just worried it wouldnt be able to penetrate enough.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wPAShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mark thank you for the link it was very informative. I was just worried it wouldnt be able to penetrate enough. </div></div>

They penetrate very well, the bullets tend not to expand but rather just drill a hole all the way through the animal you're shooting with it.

I wonder how this set-up would work on bad guys?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fredo0621</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can we get some load info? </div></div>I can't tell you the exact load. But what I can tell you is it took me experiementing with 4 different powders for the SUBSONIC ammo. And it's not a powder listed in ANY reload data for the blk out. The one's listed I tried, but I got high extreme spreads. This powder and load combo was the sweet spot load I was looking for! It's a good one!

If you get a consistent load you can have some serious fun with that load. Charlie and I took his bolt action 300 whisper out with us one day while we were training. We were hitting a roughly 18"x18" plate at 600 yards with subsonics. If I recall correctly we needed about 25 mils elevation. At first we ran out of elevation and had to hold over with the target at the bottom of the field of view. The flight time was so long, you could pick up the bullet in flight before its apex and follow it down to the target in your scope. And even at that distance I think it is still going about 800 fps with 200+ grains. I wouldn't want to catch one.

Good times....but you'll be having plenty of your own. Not to worry!