• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.300 BO Question

DXT_Shooter

Private
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2017
Chandler, AZ
So I am going to start reloading and read through the Hornady 10th Edition and it shows a 16” barrel.

I have a Q Sugar Weasel that has a 7” Barrel with 1/5 twist does that still work with the minimum recommended powder charge?

Sorry may be a stupid question but figured I would ask.

Thanks in advance.

It will be fine but what powder are you looking at? .300blk needs a really fast (almost pistol fast) burning powder.

It will be fine but what powder are you looking at? .300blk needs a really fast (almost pistol fast) burning powder.
From what I have read most likely Accurate 1680 will be the powder I will use and will be shooting 220 grain subsonic as I have a Trash panda awaiting approval.

I think my preferred was accurate 5744. I don’t remember my load off the top of my head but I have used Missouri Bullet Company 220gr with good success.

Reactions: DXT_Shooter