• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.300 BO Unsuppressed lightweight reloads

Jory45acp

4 Tours Green Beret Keyboard Speshuel Forces.
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2018
Utah
I'm looking for options to reload my .300BO running a 9" barrel unsuppressed. Any good loads for practice using 120-130grn rds? Is the only economical reload using pulled 147grn fmjs? IF you have a reliable load please share bullet/powder combo. My max distance for shooting this round will be 100yd and under, mostly close up work. Any advice is appreciated.

My 2 Go To bullets are the 125smk and 125TMK. They are very accurate with H110 in the 18.0 - 18.6 range out of my Rainier Ultramatch 10.5" 300blk going 2100fps.

125 SMK - First 50rds down the barrel

125 TMK OCW Test

125 TMK Load Confirmation

Damn those are nice groups!! I didn't build a .300 for target shooting and was willing to accept some error but those look fine to me!

Damn those are nice groups!! I didn't build a .300 for target shooting and was willing to accept some error but those look fine to me!

Its not a bench gun, I set out to build a 100yd and in, headshot capable sbr to shoot supers. My buddies kept saying 300blk isnt accurate, it's just a fun range gun. I set out to proove them wrong. To be clear, i went through 2 different barrels before finally picking up this Ultramatch before giving up. The first 2 brands shot like shit. I only shot the above 7x5 to confirm accuracy when I saw how good my OCW was. All load development was done with a Vortex Razor 5-20 HD

It sports a Leupold Mark4 MR/T 1.5-5 now.

Last edited:
That is literally the principle behind my .300BO build! I want a hard hitting short package that I can carry somewhat concealed in my truck that is glass and barrier capable for 100yds.

That is literally the principle behind my .300BO build! I want a hard hitting short package that I can carry somewhat concealed in my truck that is glass and barrier capable for 100yds.

That's what mine is. LAW Tactical folder. Sits behind the front seat in a Vertx Gamut Plus pack.

I've been looking at bags for this and tryingto find one that will hold the firearm and a simple lightweight 4 slot mag carrier chest rig. Will that fit in your bag?

I've been looking at bags for this and tryingto find one that will hold the firearm and a simple lightweight 4 slot mag carrier chest rig. Will that fit in your bag?

Easily. Check out the Vertx bags, already have molle inside, velcro interior with their own rifle and pistol mag pouches, will hold a plate. I have multiple Vertx packs.

That's what mine is. LAW Tactical folder. Sits behind the front seat in a Vertx Gamut Plus pack.
Since it’s brought up, do those folders work with a silent capture system? Since the scs doesn’t use a buffer retainer I’m curious if it would just slide right out when folded.

I know many of them say you can remove the retainer and spring but if you keep it in place you should be fine. I just ordered a LAW Tact. folder from Brownells this weekend and I plan to run my JP SCS with it.

Since it’s brought up, do those folders work with a silent capture system? Since the scs doesn’t use a buffer retainer I’m curious if it would just slide right out when folded.

Sure, will work with any buffer setup. The LAW folder has a buffer retention pin in the part that folds to retain your buffer setup, whether it's a classic buffer/spring or JP SCS.