• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 grain Scenar BC

Dark Horse

Private
Minuteman
Jan 7, 2008
Albany, NY
Hope I'm not late in putting this out there but early BC was stated as being .810. Lapua website states BC at 2700 fps and less is .760 based on Doppler Radar. Pretty significant difference. Unless I'm missing something or just a little ignorant on the physics is the .760 BC the one to use for trajectory calculations?

Re: 300 grain Scenar BC

calculate it your self by using the advertised speeds on lapua website.
Then use that number
OR:
Get a speed reading at 3m them at a 103 and do the same trick.
There are chronographs out there with 100m of cable........

BUT any number you get will only work at over a certain speed, BC is just a cheat on physics that wont ever give you precise shot solutions at transonic speeds.

BUT is you shoot under 1000m it will work fine with 308 and over.

Eduardo

Re: 300 grain Scenar BC

The correct G1 BC is .785. The .810 number was projected off some prototypes, the Doppler data gives the .785, I'm not sure where you found .760. If you are using Quick Target Unlimited, the Cd in in the zip file you can download from www.lapua.com. I use Field Firing Solutions, and the .785 is working with a DK of .502 out to 2000 meters.