• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 h&h

• Thread starter Deleted member 10043
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 10043

I got a little bored and was alone at the range this morning. Excuse the details. My fingers were frozen numb. It was 27 degrees first thing this morning. I've been playing around with this rifle a few years now. I like shooting it against 300 WMs for fun. :) That is a .308 Win cartridge next to the 300 H&H in the pic. It does shoot <.1/2 moa for as far as the weather permits my horsemanship. Load is Hornady brass, CCI primer, 68 gr. H4831, 190SMK. 2995fps at room temperature. BTW, the brass has been reloaded many times so there goes the bug-a-boo about the cartridge shape being outdated and useless. I do have to use a Colette die each time I reload. That belt is on the cartridge for a reason unlike other mags. I consider this a true reloader's rifle. There is no such thing as factory match ammo in 300 H&H. A gentleman by the name of Ben Comfort took home the Wimbledon about 1935 with a 300 H&H.
The Rifleman's Journal: History: Ben Comfort 1935 Wimbledon Cup

A 700 Rem. BDL action, trued; Timney trigger set to 2 lbs; Rock Creek 5R stainless barrel, 26", #6 contour, chambered to .300 H & H; McMillan fiberglass stock, HTG, general purpose hunting model. I didn't put this rifle together. That was done by Randy Selby, Cody WY.

The deresonator on the barrel is just a conversation piece.

Attachments

• 300 HH 308 Win.jpg
    300 HH 308 Win.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 36
  • 300 HH Rifle.jpg
    300 HH Rifle.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 28
  • target1.jpg
    target1.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 28
  • target2.jpg
    target2.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 25
  • target3.jpg
    target3.jpg
    315.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited by a moderator:
One more...

Sometimes I was shooting what appeared to by sideways :)

Attachments

• target4.jpg
    target4.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 26
The Super 30 is a classic. I've got two, a pre-64 M70 and a custom hunting rifle built by Jim Cloward back in the 80s on a commercial Mauser action. As I understand it, Cloward won a lot of matches back in the day with this caliber.