• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 HAMR Red Dot Recommendations

HVTtracker

Private
Minuteman
May 13, 2020
Looking for recommendations for Red Dot Optics for WC 300 HAM’R. If it exists, would like CQB optic that could also be used for occasional Hog Hunting. The Smaller the real estate the better. NV would be an added bonus. Does such an animal exist? Thanks in advance.

I have strongly considered adding one of the prism optics. I have HAM'Rs wearing an old T1 on a 1.93, a bushy elite 1-6.5 in a 1.93 Condition One and another one in a 1.54" Bobro sitting on a YHM Riser. The Bobro/Riser is my split duty HAM'R that runs a day or Thermal.

I've considered replacing the 1.93 LPVO with the prism optic and using it with my PVS30 in front. I'm reticent to spend the $$ on the prism optics because I don't know how well they transmit light. That and being that they're Steiner they'll probably be blown out at 40% off within 2 SHOT shows of initial release.

Unless you have oil and gas money, the current deal on the CQTs makes them somewhat affordable. I bought mine at the old dealer price which is higher than the current sale price. That's why I'm recommending it.