• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos 300 m range in Germany

SurgeonPredator

barrel boy
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2008
South Germany
www.lothar-walther.de
This is a typical german army range. 0-300 m, 5 ranges with 5 targets. Some ranges are only 100 and 200 m for army purposes. The dams seperate the ranges, the wooden shields avoid shots leaving the range.

On picture #1, you can see "my" rifle I shoot, a Sako 75, the club bitch, everyone had their fun...

Satellite map

Re: 300 m range in Germany

Good photos, thanks. We have a few concrete dams at our local range as well. Most newcomers are always like "Why the hell do you need those, who'd shoot that high" and then you see all the pock marks in the concrete where people have shot them. Oops.

Again, nice pics.

Thanks, the only issue with that particular range is its geographical orientation. The sun shines towards the shooter, as you can see on the 2nd and 3rd image. It flares even a good camera.

Update: I shot on lane 2 (2nd from left) target is the the lowermost on the right.

Looks real familiar, believe I qualified there in 88-89. For 300 M it is a kick ass range. Is it near K-town?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SurgeonPredator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nope, it's between Hamburg and Kiel.

Most german army ranges look just the same, it is a standardized architecture. </div></div>

Not only in Germany, we have similar ones in Sweden at our military shooting ranges.

http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/jj372/Lill-rambo/IMG_0462.jpg
Photo is taken at the 600m line

Surgeon,

no military semis made after 1942, to be held by civlians,

all semis that are intended for hunting, made for the civilian marked are ok.

Limit of six pieces for hunting, extensive target shooting permits are possible though,

we shoot BR, fieldshooting, all the shotgun comps and some that you dont even have.

Blackpowder allowed and licensefree if made prior to 1890 I belive, no hunting.

No hunting with handguns, handguns allowed and we shoot all different comps you have IPSC, PPP, field and precion.

all handguns are licensed at limited to 5 years and then up for renewal.

Bowhunting is about to be made legal, no crossbows allowed.

All firearms has to be locked up in approved gun cabinet,

there are limits to amounts of ammo/powder/primer held at home, fire prevention regulations.

So in short things are ok but not great, oh yes moderators/ the thing you guys calls silencers are under license but that is not really a hassle anymore.

We have a huge and cheap 2:hand gun market that you, americans profit on, arms dealers here buy Mauser 98/96 at 20 USD and sell them for 100 USD to the states, resale in the US is about 160 USD or 8 times the price here.

/Chris

Some of those laws are quite the same in germany.

Are there any ranges a civilian can shoot at with an invitation and the european firearms permit? sweden is much closer than the US of A, don't know how the laws are in denmark, which is even closer to northern germany
laugh.gif

But thanks for the info, much appreciated.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SurgeonPredator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some of those laws are quite the same in germany.

Are there any ranges a civilian can shoot at with an invitation and the european firearms permit? sweden is much closer than the US of A, don't know how the laws are in denmark, which is even closer to northern germany
laugh.gif

But thanks for the info, much appreciated. </div></div>

Send me a PM if you are near Stockholm in Sweden and if I´m not working we can hit the range(maximum distance is 600m).