• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 Norma Improved 230/250

mosh338

Private
Minuteman
Nov 7, 2021
Western Cape
Hi

I have a 300 Norma Improved AW 35deg. Currently using the 230gr Atips which are performing well. I am considering going over to the 250gr which have a better bc. Was wondering if anyone has experimented with these 2 bullets. Is the bc gain worth the change?

Reactions: Balor
Run them in your calculator. I’ve only ever ran the 250 and am happy. What I’ve heard is they end up almost ballistic twins, you trade the BC for speed and end up in the same spot basically. IIRC the 250 might have a slight wind advantage passed trans

Run them in your calculator. I’ve only ever ran the 250 and am happy. What I’ve heard is they end up almost ballistic twins, you trade the BC for speed and end up in the same spot basically. IIRC the 250 might have a slight wind advantage passed trans
Thanks! That makes sense. Will run them and see how they go.

The 250 will need an 8 twist. It is a great shooter but will run out of spin in the 9 twist at 1800 yards +-. Inside of that it's a serious shooter. On paper you will see the need for speed to take advantage of the higher BC. I shoot the 230 Atip.

The 250 will need an 8 twist. It is a great shooter but will run out of spin in the 9 twist at 1800 yards +-. Inside of that it's a serious shooter. On paper you will see the need for speed to take advantage of the higher BC. I shoot the 230 Atip.
Thanks! Pity I have a 1:9 twist may consider getting a 1:8 for my next barrel