• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

.300 Norma Magnum

Ghostcoyote

Minuteman
Feb 26, 2010
Ohio
Does anyone have information, specs or pictures of this new round? I heard that it was formally invented for blaser and called the (.300 Blaser). I heard norma is now going to produce it under its own proprietary name: .300 norma mag.

Re: .300 Norma Magnum

Although .300 Blaser Magnum was created by Norma it is not the same cartridge as .300 Norma Magnum. The Blaser Magnum is based on .404 Jeffrey while the Norma Magnum is based on .416 Rigby.

Look for posts by Don Heath in these threads for more information about the new magnums by Norma:
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1245720
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1294972
http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4711043/m/4351042511

If you want to know about the norma mag rounds Have None from this board is the brain child behind them and developed the rounds.

I like it. I've had a barrel on for several months now. It everything I would want in a LR Rifle. 338's are fun but we still don't have the magic bullet yet.
Performance 210's @3150 but 240's is where it shines. They crowd 3000.

Thanks, for the info fellas.
I didn't know I was digging up an old thread.
I just recently seen a little info on the cartridge and needed more to satisfy my curiosity. Looking down the road for .300 win mag. replacement with a better neck and better brass than rem ultra.

Here is the side by side on the .300 Norma Magnum (right) compared to the .300 WM. The Norma Mag in the picture has a 240SMK seated in it.
P1000204.jpg

That .300 norma mag looks to me like its just begging for an Ackley Improvement.

The .300NM is a necked down version of the .338NM.
It has the same launch or shoulder angle that gives both the .338NM and the .300NM it's great performance.
I know of what it can do according to the feedback the cartridge designer and from other very credible shooters.
P1000206.jpg

I'll have one up and running soon.....

The .300NM is a necked down version of the .338NM.
It has the same launch or shoulder angle that gives both the .338NM and the .300NM it's great performance.
I know of what it can do according to the feedback the cartridge designer and from other very credible shooters.
P1000206.jpg

I'll have one up and running soon.....
...and just what can it do... :-D You wouldn't happen to have a link to performance data would you, this cartridge looks interesting.