• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 PRC Help

jshepherd61

Just an average Joe
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2018
Parker Colorado
I’m not new to reloading but new to the 300 PRC. Finding brass or loaded rounds have become nonexistent. Can someone assist me with necking down 375 Ruger as it is currently available as loaded rounds. My 300 will done this week. The only previous round I have resized was 8mm mag to 7mm STW. Any knowledge or assistance would be greatly helpful. Thank you in advanced.

Check Midsouth Shooting Supplies often for 300PRC Hornady Brass. I've bought 100pcs on 2 separate occasions in the month of January....for a few friends of mine. They buy a huge box of brass and then bag it themselves in 100pc bulk packs. Pretty good of them to do.

Also, get in the line on several websites with a pre-order of the upcoming 300PRC Lapua brass. Should be here in 3 months....or more.

You may still be able to find some 375 Ruger brass at your local Sportsmans Warehouse or like...gathering dust...but after my tutorial...I hear it is getting hard to come by. If you really want to get sneaky....find some 416 Ruger and neck that down :)

Reactions: jshepherd61
Check Midsouth Shooting Supplies often for 300PRC Hornady Brass. I've bought 100pcs on 2 separate occasions in the month of January....for a few friends of mine. They buy a huge box of brass and then bag it themselves in 100pc bulk packs. Pretty good of them to do.

Also, get in the line on several websites with a pre-order of the upcoming 300PRC Lapua brass. Should be here in 3 months....or more.

You may still be able to find some 375 Ruger brass at your local Sportsmans Warehouse or like...gathering dust...but after my tutorial...I hear it is getting hard to come by. If you really want to get sneaky....find some 416 Ruger and neck that down :)
I have signed up on almost all sites even paid for back orders! Question can you neck down 375 Ruger with a standard 300 PRC die? I have both the brass and dies. Just don’t want to tear down the 375 if it requires multiple steps to form. I don’t mind necking it down and fire forming if it’s that simple!

I have signed up on almost all sites even paid for back orders! Question can you neck down 375 Ruger with a standard 300 PRC die? I have both the brass and dies. Just don’t want to tear down the 375 if it requires multiple steps to form. I don’t mind necking it down and fire forming if it’s that simple!

Yes...if you follow my tutorial....and pull out the expander ball....you just put the lubed 375brass in your shell holder....raise it up....and feel the neck going into the full length sizing die.....but only go about half way...open it back up...then go back up...sizing the rest of the neck...but just the neck....then do the same thing...two passes on the shoulder....if you go too fast....or try to do it all in one step..you'll fold some divots into the neck that won't quite fireform out.

You can anneal before you start..but not necessary.

Reactions: jshepherd61
Yes...if you follow my tutorial....and pull out the expander ball....you just put the lubed 375brass in your shell holder....raise it up....and feel the neck going into the full length sizing die.....but only go about half way...open it back up...then go back up...sizing the rest of the neck...but just the neck....then do the same thing...two passes on the shoulder....if you go too fast....or try to do it all in one step..you'll fold some divots into the neck that won't quite fireform out.

You can anneal before you start..but not necessary.
Thank you much appreciated