• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 PRC in AXMC

SHWILL

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2007
Eads, TN
Forgive me if this has been posted---I did search.

I'm seriously considering a AXMC and would like to start with a 300 PRC barrel. I assume the easiest way is to buy a AXMC in 300 win mag and then have Mr. Dave Tooley spin up a 300 PRC barrel. Can the AXMC run CIP length 300 Win Mags? Am I missing anything?

I'm seriously considering a AXMC and would like to start with a 300 PRC barrel. I assume the easiest way is to buy a AXMC in 300 win mag and then have Mr. Dave Tooley spin up a 300 PRC barrel. Can the AXMC run CIP length 300 Win Mags? Am I missing anything?

Or get a 338 axmc and run a 300 Norma ?

Reactions: IW21
AI doesn't currently offer a factory rifle in 300PRC.

Have a 30" gain twist heavy palma 300PRC barrel for my AXMC arriving today from LRI. I also had LRI bush the bolt just for extra insurance.

I bought my AXMC in 300WM so it had the correct bolt for 300PRC and never shot the 300WM barrel... It's still languishing in the PX here, lol.

The AXMC 300WM mags are about 3.800" off the top of my head, I'd have to measure when I get home to verify the exact number.

At some point I'll pick up a 338 bolt and have a 300 or 338 Norma barrel spun up too.

Hopefully get some initial loads worked up this week and test this weekend.

Last edited:
Reactions: SHWILL

That is a solid plan don't know whats holding you back at this point.

Just spun the new 300PRC barrel on my AXMC and took some throat measurements... now have to prep brass and load some initial test loads. Hopefully can have some ready for Sunday morning to get it zeroed and also check velocity on some rough 0.5gr increment charges to see what my lot of H1000 is going to do. Seems most people are seeing the onset of pressure signs around 79-80gr of H1000 with 225s & 230s in the Hornaday brass.

FYI, my 300WM AXMC magazine measures 3.825" for max OAL, and with the fresh barrel 225 ELD-M's are at 3.695" OAL if started 0.010" off the lands. LRI lists the freebore of their 300PRC reamer as 0.2328".

Last edited:
Reactions: SHWILL
Just spun the new 300PRC barrel on my AXMC and took some throat measurements... now have to prep brass and load some initial test loads. Hopefully can have some ready for Sunday morning to get it zeroed and also check velocity on some rough 0.5gr increment charges to see what my lot of H1000 is going to do. Seems most people are seeing the onset of pressure signs around 79-80gr of H1000 with 225s & 230s in the Hornaday brass.

FYI, my 300WM AXMC magazine measures 3.825" for max OAL, and with the fresh barrel 225 ELD-M's are at 3.695" OAL if started 0.010" off the lands. LRI lists the freebore of their 300PRC reamer as 0.2328".

Thanks for the mag OAL. Keep us posted on the progress. I may just go with the 338 AXMC and add the Mag bolt and mag.

Waiting to see what black Friday brings.