• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

300 PRC load

Jsaz666

Private
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2020
Colorado
Ok, I stumbled on a load with potential. I worked on 4 charge weights that showed promise and one was fantastic. Everything was loaded from once fired Hornady brass, 225 ELD match, Remington 9 1/2M and RL-25. I loaded 74.5, 75.5, 76.3 and 77.0 grs. The 75.5 load averaged 2718fps and SD was 5.1. Not the fastest load but it shows promise. Going to load up 20 more and see what happens.

Also the 77gr load is the book max, but showed no pressure signs, and still 60fps under the factory load. Going to push it a bit higher and see what happens. Should be fun.

Reactions: themightytimmah
"The 75.5 load averaged 2718fps and SD was 5.1. Not the fastest load but it shows promise. Going to load up 20 more and see what happens."

This load printed a 2.7" 10 shot group at 300 and kept the same SD. It's a winner.

Now I am working on a load with Ramshot LRT since it seems to be the only suitable powder I can get my hands on...