• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 prc

jason partain

J partain
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2023
Spiro Oklahoma
This is my first post so I’m praying I’m doing this right. I just got a bergara 300prc and a few years ago my preacher gave me 500 rounds of 220gr match king bthp’s to make subs for my 300 black out. I didn’t like em so I put the bullets back and now I think I can use em however I can’t get any powder local except I did find a lb of ramshot mag but I was unable to find anything any data on it does anyone know a good load using 220 grain matchking and ramshot? Or is there a reason it’s not been tested idk about thanks!

Not sure where Spiro is compared to the Metro, but Cabela's in OKC did have Ramshot LRT in stock as of Monday afternoon. I bought an 8# jug of it and am working with it and N570 on the 230 A-Tip. I couldn't find Magnum without ordering it. I've tested N570 (which is like magical ferry dust around here) and LRT so far.

Gavin from Ultimate Reloader did some work up on the 225 grain ELDM using Magnum and had some decent results. You could use this data he provided with the 220 SMK's, but start low.

Reactions: jason partain
Not sure where Spiro is compared to the Metro, but Cabela's in OKC did have Ramshot LRT in stock as of Monday afternoon. I bought an 8# jug of it and am working with it and N570 on the 230 A-Tip. I couldn't find Magnum without ordering it. I've tested N570 (which is like magical ferry dust around here) and LRT so far.

Gavin from Ultimate Reloader did some work up on the 225 grain ELDM using Magnum and had some decent results. You could use this data he provided with the 220 SMK's, but start low.
Thanks I’m as far east as I can go from okc without being in Arkansas bout 10 min from fort smith ar. I will sure try this I hope I can get some good shooters out of this really because I have 500 220 smk and got em free

Reactions: rockchalk06
Thanks I’m as far east as I can go from okc without being in Arkansas bout 10 min from fort smith ar. I will sure try this I hope I can get some good shooters out of this really because I have 500 220 smk and got em free
I thought I’d start with 70 gr and work my way up till I get to something good I’ll just leave my can off till I know I’m not tumbling anything?

I thought I’d start with 70 gr and work my way up till I get to something good I’ll just leave my can off till I know I’m not tumbling anything?
I don't see published data with 220 grain and Magnum to confirm it. I do see 210. I think 70 seems safe to start. I'd assume you will be in the 2500 FPS range.

Screenshot_3.jpg