• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.300 RUM 208 AMAX 100 yd Ladder Test

Chabrone

Sprayer
Minuteman
May 10, 2011
Thornton, Co
I have been wanting to load up some .208 Amax bullets in my Sako 75 .300 RUM and decided to give it a whirl. I have always liked RL 25 in this gun with my 180 grain loads and started at 86.5 and worked my way up. I never really got any major pressure signs but quit at 91 as I didn't see any improvement. This test was done at 100 yards since the range was really busy. This gun can shoot better than I can shoot it since it is not braked and completely factory.

I am liking 87.5 to 88.5 and will be loading up some of those for the next longer range test. Note how the point of impact went down the target as the load increased. I am thinking I started near the high point. I didn't chronograph anything yet but will on the next test.

[img:center][/img]

Re: .300 RUM 208 AMAX 100 yd Ladder Test

For results that can reliably be interpreted, An Audette's ladder needs to be shot at a minimum of 300 yards. 600 yards is even better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rcamuglia</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For results that can reliably be interpreted, An Audette's ladder needs to be shot at a minimum of 300 yards. 600 yards is even better.

</div></div>

Agreed. Yeah guys for me personally- after all the work is done to set up the latter test rounds- I'd wait a really long time if I had to just to get to run the test at sufficient range. Not dogging you bud but doing it at short range is pretty much a waste.

I get A LOT of PM's and personal e-mails asking me to interpret a Ladder test.

90% of my response is "repeat at sufficient range and send me a pic of those results."

I fully intend on stretching it out next time out. Weekends at my range are a joke, matches every Saturday and rapid fire contests with no cease fires ever on Sunday.

I was still pleased with the test, especially getting .3 and .5 moa groups without duplicating powder loads.