• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 RUM Remington 700 Upgrade

Northern Viking

Private
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2019
Picked up a NIB Remington 700 in 300 RUM, Black on black, added a muzzle brake, A Diamond Trigger Tech Trigger , on piece rail and Weaver tactical rings and threw on a Swarovski 4-12 x 50 scope. So far it shoots pretty decent for the work I have into it. I have an aftermarket stock coming and have worked up some pretty decent handloads but......they do not fit the magazine box from factory. I have set the COAL @ 3.795 as a happy point from the lands so its a 2 shooter so to speak. (one in the mag and one up the spout) I have seen a couple of options but it looks like they require some machining, What have others done to get 3.850 inch magazine boxes (either fixed or detach) in a RUM length cartridge?

Reactions: TreyMeTrey
And have the machine work done. Be sure to take your new rifle stock to the machinist as it may need to be altered unless you ordered it ready for this.
BUT...this sounds like a hunting rig. How many times do you plan to shoot at a critter?

Ok I'm a little drunk tonight but help me out. How does cartridge length effect how many will fit in the magazine? Width I get. I'm gonna keep drinking so I'm sure this will all make sense in another hour.

Reactions: gatorbait308
Picked up a NIB Remington 700 in 300 RUM, Black on black, added a muzzle brake, A Diamond Trigger Tech Trigger , on piece rail and Weaver tactical rings and threw on a Swarovski 4-12 x 50 scope. So far it shoots pretty decent for the work I have into it. I have an aftermarket stock coming and have worked up some pretty decent handloads but......they do not fit the magazine box from factory. I have set the COAL @ 3.795 as a happy point from the lands so its a 2 shooter so to speak. (one in the mag and one up the spout) I have seen a couple of options but it looks like they require some machining, What have others done to get 3.850 inch magazine boxes (either fixed or detach) in a RUM length cartridge?

What are magazine loading th I s nice long range cartridge ? To hunt with? Or shooting at targets?

Hun

And have the machine work done. Be sure to take your new rifle stock to the machinist as it may need to be altered unless you ordered it ready for this.

BUT...this sounds like a hunting rig. How many times do yolan to shoot at a itter?

TT Diamond on a bone stock R700? bolt release?
Diamond not used ....u are correct used the special.

Reactions: b6graham
What-the-fuck GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha
Reactions: Northern Viking
Update....no stock work but after the mag box install....3.850 so RETUMBO and Berger 215s Nosler Brass FED 215GMS and 93 grains she is very comfortable but wow! 2 in one hole and the other just about touching! I would like a tougher bullet but it is shooting