• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 RUM

rundm

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2005
TX
Buddy of mine has a basically brand new 300 RUM stainless sendero that he bought a few yrs back. He wants to sell it to me with the dies and bullets. All the stuff to make it go. I got rid of all my big cartridges a few yrs back because I just did not enjoy shooting them that much and they were costly. Can anybody give me any info on Rem 300's like this? They seem to be a pretty hot round right up on the heels of the 30-378. Do people generally get good accuracy from them? How good is barrel life and would I have to change up anything on it to make it shoot. Would something like this be a good rifle to take to 1k yards? It should have the hs precesion stock on it and does not have but about 30 rounds through it. Thanks in advance, RG

Re: 300 RUM

MY RUM is a 700P so it is about the same as a Sendero, I shoot 208 gr. A max to 1500 with mine and have had great results with it. I do not think you should have to much of a problem getting it to shoot .50 to .75 moa or better, mine is a solid .50 all the time if I do my part.If you push it hard all the time you probably will not get much past 1000 rounds before the barrel is gone.You did not say if it has a brake on it? if not invest in one.

Thanks for the info. Right now it does not have a brake on it but I was thinking about one of the Roedele's that is going on in the group buy right now. I need to get in touch with Pete to find out about how much recoil that his brake would take care of.

My buddy has a 700p 300 RUM and it shoots awesome. It has no brake on it and it doesn't kick as bad as I thought. At 500 yards with factory Remington load we shot less that .25 MOA group with a 1lb Jewell on it.

Love my 300RUM Sendero, Shoots great! 98gr. of Retumbo with a 180gr. Scirocco.
12-26-038-pointwithUltraMag.jpg

526ydswith300RUM.jpg