• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 saum and berger 190 vld's

TEAMSENDIT

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 22, 2008
    whidbey island
    I just ordered some berger 190 vld's and was wondering if anybody has good loads worked up that I could try out for 300 short action ultra mag (saum). I have reloading manuals so I don't need references to the books just powder/primer/coal recomendations would be nice. I am currently using a rem 700 ltr in 300 saum with a 20" barrel which I know isn't optimal for velocity but is handy carrying in the mountains when hunting.

thanks scott

Re: 300 saum and berger 190 vld's

Scott,

The SAUM case and the WSM case are very similar in design. The data for the WSM rounds will be very close to the WSAUM. I'm not saying they are interchangable, but close enough to use as a guide. If a powder/bullet combination works for one, it should work for the other. The WSM data will have a slightly higher charge than the WSAUM.

Chad