• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 300 Whisper and AAC 762 SD Suppressor

motorgun

Private
Minuteman
May 8, 2008
Texas
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M7Pbyf-eLW4"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M7Pbyf-eLW4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Finally received the AAC 762 SD. Tried it out with a Remington 700 with 18 1/2" Douglas bbl w/1 in 8" twist. The combo shot consistent 3/4" groups at 100 yards. Extremely quiet. Watch out feral hogs!

Re: 300 Whisper and AAC 762 SD Suppressor

The ammo was made by Kelly Kyle who also sold me the rifle. They are 210gr Berger HP 8.1 grains of Lil Gun.

I have not reloaded for the rifle myself yet. I plan to do so as I believe it is capable of more accuracy than 3/4".

I'm going to try the AAC on my GAP 308 next.

Awesome. I bought the same can and rifle from Kyle. I should have the can sometime this summer and the rifle is arriving next week. :)
I bought a bunch of brass from him also. I didn't realize he sold the loaded ammo.

Malaga 2 - no feeding or ejection issues.

Gunnut 105 - Kyle does sell loaded ammo at a reasonable price, if I am recalling correctly.

what is Kyle's contact info for the ammo? Im running a whisper setup on an AR15 platform and am struggling to find decent ammo. Corbon doesnt have subsonic rounds for it, and they wont for awhile.... Ive got the standard velocity stuff but my gas system is meant for subsonics!

thanks

Only way to appreciate the round is to reload for it. Look on Quarterbore forums for decent info...

I now have 100 pieces of once shot brass and am ready to reload. Can anyone recommend a pet load? What bullets and powder have worked well?

nice rifle - reminds me of mine as it should. We both purchased from Kelly. I only run sub and have not tested for super. After several thousand rounds fired my go to load is 8.5gr Lilgun under a 220gr SMK this load runs +-1040 fps. .5 to .75 groups at 100 are common.
I used this load last week on steel at 830 yards- was able to hit an 8x11 plate. That was a blast.

currently using CCI but have used federal and win- no issues with any and have not noted a real difference either.

Are you seating your bullets close to or touching the lands? I'm curious if this has a big effect on 300 Whisper accuracy as it does with some other calibers.